Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

2wd Sector shaft or steering box

Discussion in 'Parts & Trucks Wanted' started by Shaggy, Oct 29, 2002.

1. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> I need to find a 2wd steering box or just the sector shaft so I can do my crossover conversion. ALso, any leads on where to get a rebuild kit for the steering box would be nice. Thanks! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif</font color>

2. OL14BLAZ

OL14BLAZ 1/2 ton status

I just talked to Matt @ West Texas Offroad and he can hook you up with the rebuild kit (real nice guy btw). I also called a couple of local U-Pull it's and the 2wd box goes for around $45 and both had plenty in stock.

Plan on doing the crossover by the first of the year.

Eric /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

3. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> Cool, thanks. I talked to a lady at WTO earlier today, I was going to send them my box, have it rebuilt with the 2wd sector shaft and have the ports drilled for the Hydro steer, but the whole thing would have run $300, so that's not going to happen... I'll just rebuild it and drill the ports myself when I'm ready to go hydro. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif </font color>

4. SAVAGE1

SAVAGE1 1/2 ton status

I pulled 2 boxes a couple weeks ago from Oakland PnP. They were $40 each. PnP always has tons of 2wd Chevys. We just installed crossover on my friends Suburban last night with the PnP box. Just dropped it in with out a rebuild and it works fine :fingers crossed: