Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

2wd sm465 to divorced toyota duals?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by ncgamedog, Dec 13, 2005.

1. ncgamedog

ncgamedog 1/2 ton status

i just reciently sold my 88 runner sas, and now have a 78' k5 w/ sm465/205. bought cucv's and ram ass. for it and would really like my dual cases back. the doubers for GM cases are expencive[​IMG] . i have an sm465 (maybe 420 ) 2wd sitting out back and plenty of toy cases. thought about buying a doubler for the toys and divorced kit and swaping that stuff in. you guys think the toy boxes would hold up behind a mild sbc w/ injetion and 39" irocks? does it beat the complications of doing the GM doubler? (don't really have a good local mach shop) i know thats a lot of weight w/ tons and a full size but toy cases cease to amaze me on their toughness. strength of a mid shaft[​IMG] i dont know wadda ya think? justin

2. ncgamedog

ncgamedog 1/2 ton status

3. marv_springer

marv_springer 1/2 ton status

Justin,

I agree w/ you.... Several years back there was a guy who ran a toy case behind a 350/T350 in a Jeep based buggy (Grady McCleod... ?? sp) and won TTC w/ it. I remember looking at the specs of his rig and doubting the toughness of the Toy case - but as far as I know he never broke it...:dunno:

It all boils down to weight of your rig and how you drive. I'd say if you drive easy and weigh <4000 lb, you'd be fine..... But if you like to hammer it, and are well over 4500lb - I think it's prolly a bad idea.

...suck it up and buy a 203/205 combo... :thumb:

Marv