Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

2wd steering box

Discussion in 'Pacific Region' started by Poohbair, Aug 10, 2004.

1. Poohbair

Poohbair 1/2 ton status

Does anyone have a good 2wd steering box that I can just bolt in and use for my xover w/o having to rebuild it, etc...?

2. 4xrick

4xrick 1/2 ton status

talk to kenny i think he said he had one at his place.

3. kennyw

kennyw N9PHW Premium Member

I have a couple of them laying around. Though they are all the 73-81 or so (not sure what year was the cut off) style with flared fittings and not o-rings.

4. Poohbair

Poohbair 1/2 ton status

Are any of them nice and tight and no leaky??? If so, how much? I need the flared style, not the o-ring.

5. kennyw

Take $25 off of the Sm465 if you still have it for sale I know I have a good one without any leaks /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif I'll probably be back up to the Seattle area later this month too.

6. Poohbair

Poohbair 1/2 ton status

If you can get me a good, tight, no leaky 2wd box up here in the near future (like asap) then you can just have the 465...
    I need the box soon though because I have to put in on in order to determine a length to order my new drag link so I can get this sum bitch on the road.

7. 4xrick

4xrick 1/2 ton status

hey pooh I have a 2wd box you can use that dosent leak off a 84 so you can get this done sooner then i will just take the one kenny has next time he is here I wont be using mine for a few months if that is ok by kenny.
    /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

8. Poohbair

Poohbair 1/2 ton status

I think that an 84 will have different fittings and none of my PS lines will work will they??? If it is the flare style ps lines, then I am fine w/ that plan!

9. kennyw

The '84 should use an o-ring style fittings but would work for you to get the measurements you need right away. I'll probably be up there next weekend on Aug 21st though if that is soon enough? Or I might make a trip up there this sunday if I could sell some other parts to pay for gas...

Hey Rick, ask Jack if he is interested in a rust free front clip for $50? I checked out the one I told him about and the outer fenders have no rust but some minor dents where they were clearanced for bigger tires. Inner fender is rusty from the battery leaking. Core support is solid too.

10. 4xrick

4xrick 1/2 ton status

ok I will tell him and see what he says and pm you to let you know what the deal is. I will be moving that weekend but you can come drop it off at my new place if he wants it, he will be helpig me move that weekend anyway.anybody else free that weekend the 20th and 21st? I could use all the help I can get.

11. kennyw

Looks like I can make it up there Saturday night. I'll bring both steering boxes with me and you can take them both and give me one back later on after you know you have a good one working /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif Anychance you could meet me near the interstate?

12. Poohbair

Poohbair 1/2 ton status

I am going to be over in Salmon La Sac saturday night, over by CleElum area. I will pm you my cell #, but I don't know if it will work up there or not.

13. kennyw

I'll give it a try. I will be passing thru Clu Elum on my way over both Saturday and Sunday.

14. 4xrick

4xrick 1/2 ton status

if nothing else you can leave them at my house and he can come get them from my house being you are bringing the front clip here anyway.