Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

2WD to 4WD Blazer?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Bart57, Mar 17, 2005.

1. Bart57

Bart57 Newbie

Can a 1993 2WD Blazer s10 convert to 4WD easily? Is it basicly a bolt on switch of axles or what? Is it an expensive proceedure?

Thanks

Erik

2. stallion85

stallion85 1/2 ton status

It would be more expensive than just buying a 4wd S10. You would have to get a transmission and transfer case from a 4wd S10, then the driveshafts, and fab up a front suspension, new front axle, fix you steering.......basically too much work IMO.

Avoid it

3. blazerpro79

blazerpro79 1/2 ton status

i wouldnt say avoid it, it would be a lot of money, maybe more than a new blazer but thats a really cool project and if you have sentimental value in your truck its definatly work it and will add to your value.

its expensive and a lot of work but i say go for it if your up to it...

but if you go to a junk yard and find an s10 blazer, grab the axle, driveshafts, tranny, tcase, and anythign else different you see on the 4wd model and do it. i cant really see it being anymore than 1000-1500 dollars at a junk yard... maybe even less?

junkyards should be called discount yards

the only thing is you will run into problems, all projects do, and it may end up less reliable.... its a tough call

Last edited: Mar 18, 2005