Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

2wd to 4wd conversion

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by s1037s, Dec 15, 2005.

1. s1037s

s1037s Registered Member

I have trie dsearching but cannot get the info i need. I have found a 3+3 with a 6.2 2wd ff14 rear. I want to convertit to 4wd and bob the bed and frame. does anyone have links to pages to show the brackets i need. i want to run 52's up front. I have a divorced np202 so that is not a problem. i have an axle for the front also. any help appreciated.

2. freeflow

freeflow 1/2 ton status

its not that hard 2 do, i just got done converting my 2wd suburban it is now 4x4. it was pretty easy, just get the brackets and hangers from a 4x4 frame, i had all the mounts and everything and it only took be about 6 hours total, 2 get rivets out, clean the hangers up a lil bit, measure, align and drill new holes.

Now i just gotta get a 454 4x4 crossmember and a 205 case and the big stuff is done.

good luck man

3. fordfreak300

fordfreak300 Registered Member

freeflow you didn't happen to take any picks along the way did ya? I amabout to do the same thing and just wanted to see what took place before I start doing it. I am looking at starting in january after x-mas. What did you have to do for the engine? I know the front cross member that hold the engine in has to come out and you need new motor mounts I belive. I am hoping to get all that off of a donor truck but i would liek to know for sure before I get started. Anything that I can start aquiring before hand will only benefit me. That way I can start seeing what all has to go where.