Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

2wd trans and divorced transfer questions.

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by moturbopar, Feb 15, 2006.

1. moturbopar

moturbopar 1/2 ton status

Hi all I am trying ot figure out what to do for a trans and tranfer for my jimmy. Right now it has some weird 700r4 203 combo. the trans case is broken though. Anyways, I have a 2wd granny gear 4 speed out of my 73 GMC and a divorced 205 out of a dodge ( i think 74 3/4 ton) or something. I was wondering what you guys think about this combo in a blazer. The rear axle is going to be mounted 3 inches back and and the front 2.5 forward. Does anyone here run anything like this? Any problems with this combo?

2. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

I know where a 203 is sitting . I also know where a sm420 2wd is sitting :thumb:

3. moturbopar

moturbopar 1/2 ton status

I have 2 203s (not divorced). one in the jimmy and one thats a nice lawn ornament. Actually if anyone wants the one in my back yard, let me know and you can come and pick it up!

4. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

And as for the combo you suggest , it should make for something strong . You won't have as much gearing with a 205 . But you can regear the axles lower . Actually you can regear the case lower too , but thats expensive.

I remember some posts about this , someone here runs a divorced setup .

5. jason m

jason m 1/2 ton status

the divorced model 205 LOMAX is not making the 3-1 gear set, i asked him the other day on pirate and he said he does not see a big demand for the divorced 205 3-1 low set, so its eather low gear the axles or find a divorced 203. i found one ( a divorced 203 ) from a 76 high boy ford F-250, i am going to set up this combo in my buggy, jason.