Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

2X4 FRAME WANTED or parts wanted

Discussion in 'Parts & Trucks Wanted' started by tlbob, Feb 23, 2005.

1. tlbob

tlbob Registered Member

I am looking for a 2x4 frame for a 73-87 truck has to be a half ton does not matter if it is long bed or short would prefer a long one so i am not haking up somthing some one might need i want to find one as close as possible i am in ltttleton co all i really need is the front suspension and crossmember that holds it all so if some one is even parting one out let me know thanks

2. Moose

Moose 1/2 ton status

Not in colorado but have front suspension with crossmember we on bolted from a 2wd sub to convert to 4x4. In Az. Always looking for trades.

3. TWISTEDJACK

TWISTEDJACK 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

I have a 77 2wd 1/2 ton located in Boise, Id

4. tlbob

tlbob Registered Member

thanks for the offer guys but iwould not be ale to come up that way i also just had a brain storm ;) kind of i may jjust use the front clip from a plymouth volare or dodge aspen but i will keep you guys in mind thanks

5. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

lol @ chrysler clip idea, i wouldnt trust thos suspensions even with a hated neighbor, seen way too many of them collapse

torsion bar crap and no way its gonna bolt under,

lol...

12 bolts and you can swap entire cradle assembly from one gm truck to another, 60s through 87

easy as cake, although you will want to remove engine to make it the easiest.,

good luck :D

6. tlbob

tlbob Registered Member

this is going under my 1957 gmc so it is almost a direct bolt on from the 73-87 truck but the mopar is way more adjustable i was also looking at the pacer front clips yes amc pacer like waynes world let me know if you see any rolling around