Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

1. chevy4x4

chevy4x4 1/2 ton status

GMC Never made any 2x4s did it?
    There are 2x4 Bubs right?
    Thanks

<font color=red>check out my site</font color=red>
    http://blazer-jimmy.coloradok5.com

2. D2Customs

D2Customs Registered Member

3. 82Jimmy

82Jimmy 1/2 ton status

They made 2x4 and 4x4 jimmys. I don't know why anyone wouldn't want a 4x4...other than gas mileage.

<font color=blue>If its too loud, your too old.</font color=blue>
    <font color=red>Cameron</font color=red> <font color=green>Burnett</font color=green>

4. D2Customs

Are all 4x4 Blazer guys the same???!!

Some reasons, why someone might prefer a 2wd to a 4wd is they fact that they love the looks of a Blazer and the room, but never go off-road. Or maybe they prefer the ground-hugging stance that can only be achieved with a 2wd Blazer. Or maybe, just maybe, they want to have something a little different.

later
    Danny

http://www.d2customs.coloradok5.com/custom.html

5. 82Jimmy

82Jimmy 1/2 ton status

I wasn't be offensive I hope, but really I can't see why? Even if you want something a little different, why not have it 4x4? You could still put tiny tires and little rims and a huge exhaust, drop it a bit and some hydros and still be a 4x4 or not...sorry if i offended you wasn't intended

<font color=red>Cameron</font color=red> <font color=green>Burnett</font color=green>

6. D2Customs

Yeah, I guess I did take some offense to it (sorry). It just that I've gotten several emails from people (on this forum) dogging 2x4 Blazers and it's all been from someone with a 4x4 Blazer, and so I guess that I read into them too much. It kind of like, if you have a 2x4 Blazer/Jimmy, then you really don't have a Blazer/Jimmy, you have "something else". It's still a Blazer/Jimmy, regards. And we can all learn alot from each other.

Later
    Danny

http://www.d2customs.coloradok5.com/custom.html

7. 82Jimmy

82Jimmy 1/2 ton status

Technically my 82 Jimmy is a 2x4 my transfer case isn't operational! I gotta get a new on, something other than those chain driven np-208's...maybe a np205! Sorry if I pissed you off. I really wasn't intending to. I guess I am closed minded when it comes to k5's and jimmys.

8. D2Customs

9. Michael

Michael 1/2 ton status

10. 82Jimmy

82Jimmy 1/2 ton status

no offense but why have the best looking 4x2..the lift and paint job are great! But why not do that to a 4x4? Is it for show or go?

11. Michael

Michael 1/2 ton status

12. N2-TRUX

N2-TRUX 1/2 ton status

4x4?-Been there, done that...

Heres another reason for 2x4. I have been around longer than most of you guys, and I have seen trends come and go. I have had 4x4's, and yes it was a REAL 4x4. Mine was a 79 Toyota p/u. It went through many transitions, but before I sold it, it had the first set of 37" Swampers in Houston. And as brand loyal as I am towards GM trucks, and Blazers, I can tell you, that little truck left MANY Blazers in it's ruts. So the point here is, your Blazer may be a very good off road machine, but there will always be something that can perform as good if not better. And although I agree 4x4 is the way to go if you like the mud, and crudd, 2x4's make the best desert racers(pre-runners). It would be like me going on the 4x4 forum and asking why do you guys really need that front axle? Like I said some of us have already been there, done that, and have the pics to prove it...[​IMG]

<font color=purple>N2TRUX<font color=purple>
    http://n2trux.coloradok5.com/

13. MICHIGAN BLAZER

MICHIGAN BLAZER 1/2 ton status

Just to be a stick in the mud....GMC or Chevy have NEVER made a 2X4......They did make some 4X2's though. Just had to poke the wood joke in there. My husband made fun of me the other night when i was hurrying to spit the words out about a truck we just past and i said 2x4...and he started giving me a hard time with the wood jokes.lol

<font color=red>MICHIGAN BLAZER
    <font color=green>89 Fullsize Blazer
    87 Cherokee
    65 IH Scout

14. Michael

Michael 1/2 ton status

I prefer 2WD rather than either, 2x4 or 4x2.......but who's countin'? That was well said N2-Trux.....those are some killer 2WD's ya got there too!!

Michael [​IMG] http://jmartin.net/parker/goose.htm

15. jmpd

jmpd 1/2 ton status

Michael
    Do you have any other pictures of that red/white/blue 2wd, I would like to see a side shot or suspension shot, that is one nice truck

thanks
    Michael

16. Michael

Michael 1/2 ton status

This is the only other shot I've seen. I'm not sure if it's even the same Blazer or not. It has obviously had a paint job if it is. You might notice the F*rd style front suspension.....it's a good way to get lots of travel fairly easy. I have some more shots of Racing Blazers on my site, check 'em out.
    [​IMG]
    Michael [​IMG] http://jmartin.net/parker/goose.htm

17. N2-TRUX

N2-TRUX 1/2 ton status

2x4, 4x4, yadda, yadda,,

Ok so I fell for that one. Yeah, I was busy trying to spew forth words of wisdom, and inserted some common lumber terms as well. Just to try to cover my butt a bit, I normally use 2wd, and 4wd to describe trucks…
    [​IMG]

<font color=purple>N2TRUX<font color=purple>
    http://n2trux.coloradok5.com/

18. Bad Banana

Bad Banana Registered Member

Confused? You don't like 2wd but you cruise the 2wd section. ??? No offensive, but should everyone want your mate because you do. Probably not. We all have are reasons and wallet size. Why do I have a 2wd? Less $$$ to build, less $$$ to repair, gas mileage, and not ragged out. Also, if I must have a 4wd, then I must need a 4dr, plus must need a long bed, must need a duelie, must need a 1 ton, must need a big block, must need a blower, must need NOS, must need Injection, must need $$$$$$$$$. Sorry no thanks, My perfect vehicle is a perfect 2wd Blazer that fits my perfect needs. Most of all, love all bowtie trucks!!!

Bad Banana