Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

3 1/2 speakers worth it with 6.5's all around and amp?

Discussion in 'Audio' started by BranndonC, May 22, 2002.

1. BranndonC

BranndonC 3/4 ton status

3 1/2 speakers worth it with 6.5\'s all around and amp?

i want to get everyone's ideas, especialy gregs, about adding 3 1/2 inch speakers to my dash to be powered off my head unit while i already have 6.5 inch component sets in the front and rear powered by an 800 watt max 400 watt rms amp, someone said they would complament my system, but i don't think i'd hear them... anyone know?

2. zcarczar

zcarczar 1/2 ton status

Re: 3 1/2 speakers worth it with 6.5\'s all around and amp?

i have 3 1/2's in my dash right now, best sounding speakers in my system, but they added a lot of depth to my system and didnt let the highs get drounded out by the bass nearly as much

3. BranndonC

BranndonC 3/4 ton status

yeah but, did you have 6.5's in the front powered by about 5 times as much volume as the 3 1/2's? that's my concern... the 6.5's overpowering the 3 1/2's. Thanks for the response though /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

4. AntAZBlaz

AntAZBlaz 1/2 ton status

I don’t think that it would be worth the money. By the time you get all the stuff set up you may barely here a few high sounds. A component system will cover the whole sound frequency range that you would be able to get out of 3’s and more. You also would have to try to set up your amp so that it did not over power the sound coming out of the 3’s I would consider it a limiting factor in your system if you bothered to set it up to where you could hear them.
    Anthony

5. zcarczar

zcarczar 1/2 ton status

i dont have 6.5 components in the front, i have some ghetto sounding kenwood 6's, i geuss you could put some tweeters up there, i geuss you could get some more depth that way without spending $60-$70 on new 3.5's

6. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I recomend getting some component speakers for up front, and an amp to drive them. I'd try to match them to what you already have.