Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

3-1 Gear Set For 205 ? Ord

Discussion in 'OffRoad Design' started by GREENEJEEP, Mar 4, 2005.

1. GREENEJEEP

GREENEJEEP Registered Member

I read on other site's that you may begin retailing a 3-1 gear set for the 205. Is this true? :D

2. mikey_d05

mikey_d05 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

Nobody can sell the lomax kit if it never comes out...:whistle:

3. GREENEJEEP

I hope somethn comes out. I've been hanging on to this 205 for years waiting for a low kit. Does Lowmax have it in the works?

I twin stick 3-1 205 oh yeah..... :D

4. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

As far as I have heard it is all a rumor. Lomax is trying to make one but they have not released it. Kind of like the way ARB always said the airlocker for the 14bff was coming out. It only took them like 10 years of saying next year it would be out to finally follow threw.

Wagoneer Machine makes a 3:1 for the 203 if you need a 3:1. That is a reality not a myth or prototype.

Harley

5. mikey_d05

Just to clarify the lomax kit isn't a myth. It's being designed and tested by JB conversions. Looks like it'll be a stout kit when it comes out. BUT...it has already been several years in the making and JB isn't setting a release date. So frankly, I'd pony up for a doubler and stop holding your breath. I'm guessing it'll be at least two years before JB starts takes it to market. Oh yeah, and a guy who claimed he was from JB posted on here a couple of months ago. He was a real prick. I don't have any personal experience with the company, but the person who claimed he was from JB conversions was a condescending @$$.

6. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

Ya, I know it is not a myth. I have seen the pics of it but it is not likely to be release for a long time. They keep saying it is going to come out but it never does just like ARB did with the 14bff airlocker.

I think a dual tcase setup is a good idea. It is tested and known to work well. If you need more gear get the Wagoneer kit and a dual tcase setup. The price for the 3:1 for the 205 if and when it comes out won't be cheap. Probably $1000 or better.

Harley

7. az-k5

az-k5 1/2 ton status

The current lomax 205 uses its own case. It has the same outer dimensions but are different on the inside. There is no drop in gear set for the 205, not even just in planning stages. There is not enough room in the stock case to get a decent low gear to fit. There will be the new 3 speed t-case (currently being tested) before the lomax 205 hits the market.

8. GREENEJEEP

Dang, you guys are top of this program, thanks for the input.:laugh:

I guess I'll wait till my 208 breaks (if it ever wil) to make a decision. That may be 2 years away or it may be in 2 weeks from now in Tellico N.C. :confused:

Overall to be honest, I'd say the 3 stick doubler is the best bet for gear ranges anyhow. :grin:

9. Stephen

Stephen 1/2 ton status Moderator Vendor

Last I heard, 4-6 weeks ago, John was trying to have the 1st case at EJS but didn't know it it was a for sure deal or not. I'm guessing that sometime in the next year they'll be available.

I'm not sure it's going to be THE solution for everyone (obviously it won't be) but for some it's going to be nice. For rocks, the Doubler will still be it due to the lower gear, for general trail use, 3:1 will be great. I've had visions of High9's with 5.43s, my BBC/700 and a 3:1 205 in a new tube car.......

10. mikey_d05

Would there be any problems bolting a 3:1 Lo-Max case to a doubler? It would give you the choice of 2:1, 3:1, or 6:1. Just a thought...:thinking:

11. Stephen

Stephen 1/2 ton status Moderator Vendor

No problems at all. The Lomax case should have both round and fig8 bolt patterns on it so it will retrofit into whatever Doubler version you have. There will definitely be 32 spline input gears in the first batch also.

12. GREENEJEEP

Stephen, I got a good bite on a 203 case from this forum. After Tellico the end of this month I'll be checking into the Doubler from ya's.