Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

3:1 in the 203 range box

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by muddybuddy, Dec 4, 2006.

1. muddybuddy

muddybuddy 3/4 ton status

i remember hearing something about this before, but now i dont know where it is, and im interested in it. im still deciding between doubler or blackbox/205. i just bought all the stuff for the doubler except the actual adapter/triple stick (ive got "4L80E/203" adapter, 32spline input, 203, and 205).

the doubler would be a much cheaper option i think and if i could get 3:1 in the 203 that would definitely justify me to keep going with it vs. the blackbox/205. anybody got any info on it, or where i can get them? experience with them? reliable?

2. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

Wagoner Machine used to make it but they went under. Now ATOR is making alot of Wagoner Machines old products but I don't know of they do the 3:1 in the 203 still. You can also get the 3:1 in the 205 which is widely available from NWF & others.

Harley

3. muddybuddy

yea i was lookin on pbb and saw that they used to make a 3.6:1 for the 203, but since they are no more it kinda sucks:doah: i know they make the lomax 205, and thats very pricey. i was thinkin if i could get the lower gears in the 203, id just stick with a doubler, and then maybe even look into a lomax to mate to it down the road.

i guess it was all talk:( wish somebody would make some again.

4. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

Even the 3:1 in the 203 was very spendy. I believe it was in the $900-1200 range just like the lomax kit. It wasn't a cheap & easy swap. You had to send them a 203 range box & they machined it out to fit the larger gears. It wasn't a simple gear swap.

Harley

5. Greg72

Greg72 "Might As Well..." Staff Member Super Moderator

I've got a WMS 3.1:1 203 Rangebox sitting in my garage collecting dust....

Brand-new, never installed. But I refuse to sell any more parts until I finish the project I've started!!

I already sold a Chevy Doubler kit, then bought a Ford version....then realized that I should have probably kept the Chevy one after all.....so guess what? I'll probably end up selling the Ford one too.

The moral of the story is that it's probably not impossible to find what you want.....there is going to be SOMEBODY on this site that probably has the part you need.

:usaflag:

6. muddybuddy

Greg i know you could use some extra dough to finish your project :deal: i would really be interested:D