Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

3 12's In the JIMMY???

Discussion in 'Audio' started by rebel102285, Dec 1, 2003.

1. rebel102285

rebel102285 Registered Member

3 12\'s In the JIMMY???

I already have the amp and the subs now i just need to make a box for them heres the specs i have 2 Polk DX12s and a Polk Momo 12 that i want to put in the back end of my jimmy /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif, i want each sub to have 2 cu ft (sealed) and i have a spare tire in the rear of my vehicle that im not willing to relocate so my available space is approx. 38"wide by 32"long and as high as i need to go, but im wondering how i should make the box as the rear end isnt wide enough to put all three strait across /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif and im making the box out of 3/4" MDF Any Ideas you have would be appreciated greatly /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

2. Greg72

Greg72 "Might As Well..." Staff Member Super Moderator

Re: 3 12\'s In the JIMMY???

A slight offset on the center speaker would allow you to get them in a sort-of-straight-across fashion....

I don't like the idea of mixing and matching two different brands of subs in one box though. I suppose you could seal off each chamber so that each one had it's own airspace, but it still sounds kinda goofy to me.

3. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I'm planning on (3) 12" TREO's SS subs powered by a MMATS D200hc. I don't have a spare tire rack anymore, so that's not a problem. I plan on fireing my subs upward. I may have to loose the back seat, but thats no biggie. I'm kinda thinking a custom rear seat (2) people so the box can wrap around on both sides with ports fireing at back of front seats.

4. rebel102285

rebel102285 Registered Member

Greg the subs are all made by Polk two of them are Dx and one is a Momo there nearly identical except the momo will handle 100 more watts RMS THANKS FOR THE INPUT

5. 4xrick

4xrick 1/2 ton status

i will have to look around for it but i have a design for 3 12s i made for my buddies k5 if you are still in need of help or have ?s pm me and i will help you with all i can