Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

3....2....1....GO!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 81Bogger, Dec 12, 2001.

1. 81Bogger

81Bogger Registered Member

What kind of a difference can I expect in 0-35 acceleratoin time (on dry pavement) after a 3.7x to 4.11 or 4.56 gear swap.........I know rpm's will be higher at higher speed but how much better will the truck pull out of the hole?...........or wil it even be noticable?
    Thanks.

<font color=red>81</font color=red><font color=blue>Bogger<font color=blue>
    "<font color=blue>Mud under tire, and Fords in the rear view...<font color=blue>" &lt;img src="http://coloradok5.com/forums/images/icons/cool.gif"&gt;<P ID="edit"><FONT class="small">Edited by 81Bogger on 12/12/01 07:53 PM.</FONT></P>

2. txbartman

txbartman 1/2 ton status

BIG difference. My 305 with 35s, 700R4, and 3.73s wouldn't pull the bottom out of a wet paper bag. I swapped in 4.56s and, I'll be damned, this rig actually moves!

As a matter of fact, I got into some pretty hairy situations wheeling in some mud and slick trails this weekend and never had a problem. I even pulled a Jeep out of mud to its frame twice!

Brian
    Check out <a target="_blank" href=http://tx85gmcguy.alloffroad.com>My Jimmy</a> with all her projects!

3. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

4. greg83k5

greg83k5 1/2 ton status

this is all good news to me, as i'm going from 2.73 to 4.56........

the funny part is the truck would pull a mastercraft well at 75mph..... do you think the 33's and the 2.73 gear had anything to do with my motor detonating itself to death?? (teehee)

greg

** i'm so money **