Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

3/4 8 lug rim

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by jeff l, Nov 21, 2006.

1. jeff l

jeff l 1/2 ton status

I have a set of rims that are bent; so I went to the junk yard a few hours ago and found a 1992 2wd chevy 2500, the rims look like they would fit but the guy there said I better bring my truck there to make sure.

Problem is I dont want to travel 25 miles there on bent rims to find out. I have a 86 Jimmy with 3/4 ton axles that are from 1978 to 1983 I think.

Does any body know if they will work

2. bronc3buster842001

bronc3buster842001 1/2 ton status

i dont think they will work cause the newer trucks have a smaller ceter than the older ones the back wheels might work

3. makovai

makovai 1/2 ton status

To my knowledge they will fit. The small hole issue is with the 1/2 ton stuff. I went through this. I had my stock blazer and i bought a set of wheels from a 99-up truck and the center hole was too small.

With my new 3/4 ton gear i have the truck sitting on wheels from a 2002 silverado and no issues.

The newer 3/4 - 8 lug stuff that has changed is the dodge and ford's went to a metric lug pattern.

4. jeff l

jeff l 1/2 ton status

Well the center if any thing looked bigger ---the rims look like they will fit but the guy there had concerns--so that made me have concerns;so i thought I would check with you guys 1st

5. 4xcrazy

4xcrazy 3/4 ton status

he may either be thinking of the newer Ford style metric measurements, or possibly the backspacing is alittle deeper on the newer Chevys,,,other than that, only other difference would be as mentioned, between the 1/2 ton stuff

6. b454rat

b454rat 1/2 ton status Premium Member

They fit. I had the stock 16x6s on my 89 with a Dana 60 front. Getting it off is the same as the newer trucks, have to kick it to get it off the hub, since they are hubcentric.