Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

3/4 cam..balanced and blue printed........... WTF???!!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by chevyracing, Apr 25, 2003.

1. chevyracing

chevyracing 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gifI hate it when people say that. What the f--- is a 3/4 cam, what happened to the other 1/4. WTF is someone gonna "blueprint" an engine they drive to the super market for....???

That must be people that have no idea what they are talking about...

Off my soap box now.

John

2. Don

Don 1/2 ton status

They have'nt been around too long otherwise they would have some idea of what's what. /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

3. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

A 3/4 cam is a old term for a 292 duration cam. Most mechanical declined people call about everything with even the slightest lope a 3/4 race cam.

4. Don

Don 1/2 ton status

Yep, in 60's term's, "she's gotta 3/4 cam in her" 3/4 of a race cam. /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

5. Don

Don 1/2 ton status

And finally, when someone asked, "doe's it have a cam in it?" The usual reply was I certainly hope so! /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

6. chevyracing

chevyracing 1/2 ton status

I was in my Camaro the other day and some guy in a ricer pulled at at a stop light next to me and asked me "what ya got under the hood?!" I told him "That's where I keep the engine" He said "Is it all stock and do you wanna run it?" I could barely hear him over the blower whine. So I said "sure" and had me a Toyota Supra with a giant aluminum wing and dubs for lunch. A couple of lights later when he caught back up he asked me if I had a 3/4 cam and was it balanced and blue printed.... I just chuckled and said no, it's a stock six cylinder. He just looked dumbfounded and said ..."oh".

John

7. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

8. Beast388

Beast388 1/2 ton status

Ah yes.....the old "3/4 race cam" term, most widely used by people who don't know what the heck they are talking about. 3/4 just meant that it wasn't a "full" race cam....I guess it was only 3/4 of a race cam. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

They were made for many engines, so the lift and duration amounts were different per application. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

9. RingMaster4x4

RingMaster4x4 1/2 ton status Premium Member

[ QUOTE ]
    I was in my Camaro the other day and some guy in a ricer pulled at at a stop light next to me and asked me "what ya got under the hood?!" I told him "That's where I keep the engine" He said "Is it all stock and do you wanna run it?" I could barely hear him over the blower whine. So I said "sure" and had me a Toyota Supra with a giant aluminum wing and dubs for lunch. A couple of lights later when he caught back up he asked me if I had a 3/4 cam and was it balanced and blue printed.... I just chuckled and said no, it's a stock six cylinder. He just looked dumbfounded and said ..."oh".

[/ QUOTE ]

That is funny! /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

10. 75-K5

75-K5 3/4 ton status

You should've wrote him a ticket after that. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

11. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

3/4 cams dont run very well.
    I always found the engine ran like S!#* without the back two cyilnders.
    After doing an intense search this is the best site I found on 3/4 cams:http://www.livecams.camportal.phatster.com/
    i tried blue printing but all I got was Gay sites /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

12. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

13. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

14. muddysub

muddysub 1 ton suburban status Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

this is like the term "RV cam" which people use way too much. i hate it when people who dont kno wat theyre talkin about try to sound like they do. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif