Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

3/4 leaves on a halfer...

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by SICNICK, May 31, 2006.

1. SICNICK

SICNICK Registered Member

I run 36 inch super swampers on my 83 k10 with no lift currently, I will be swapping in a diesel motor in a month or so, and was wondering if I can mount a set of front leaves out of a k20 or k30 in my truck in order to get a couple inches of lift, as well as the strength to hold this heavy motor...will they bolt up? I know ill need different shocks.

2. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

Should be able to mount any front leaves in . Its the rears that came in 2 different lengths on our trucks .

3. mountainexplorer

mountainexplorer 1/2 ton status

1-ton came with 3-leaf front springs (3 leaf springs per side). Even some 3/4 ton and 1/2 tons did too, instead of just 2 leafs per side. But usually it doesn't provide any actual lift, though they would prevent as much sag.

You can buy some 2-2.5" add-a-leafs for front springs that are supposed to add lift and stiffen things up. Over time, they may sag too.

In the past I've stacked add-a-leafs up front with the factory 3-leaf front springs. The more springs you have, the stiffer the ride, but should handle more weight too.