Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

3/4 swap problem "help fast"

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by screamer*145, Sep 6, 2004.

1. screamer*145

screamer*145 1/2 ton status

3/4 swap problem \"help fast\"

got it all in put my new 15" rims on the back but they wont fit the front i know you have to gring the caliper but it hits the spalsh guards what to do i do! /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

2. sapper

sapper 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Re: 3/4 swap problem \"help fast\"

the backing plates are what take the most grinding with 10 bolts, best thing to do is paint it let dry and put the tire on, once its hit everything its going to grind those areas down untill it dont hit nothing

3. screamer*145

screamer*145 1/2 ton status

funny /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif but really what do you grind! and where /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

4. Rustbucket

Rustbucket Registered Member

He just told you, paint the backing plate then put the wheel on. It will scratch the new paint and then, that's where you grind. I had my axle on the bench so I just put the wheel up there, marked the spots where it would hit and went from there.

5. NoSmog73

NoSmog73 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    funny /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif but really what do you grind! and where /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Really..Just paint the top of the backing plate, should have to just do the top..put the rim on as far as it will go spin it to rub off some paint the grind (or use a BFH) and grind or beat it down some...But grinding is best...Might have to grind the some of the caliper also...The paint trick will tell
    Use a color like white so you can see the dark rub spots...