Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

3/4 T brake hoses

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 61Scout, May 11, 2000.

1. 61Scout

61Scout Registered Member

Hi, I was hoping someone could tell me what brake hoses would work well with my '77 GMC 3/4T front end. I've got it in a Scout, Spring over, Reverse Shackle. I don't think stock GM hoses will be long enough, but I believe I can get them for $25 a side at NAPA. Is there a longer hose that will work?

Thanks

Ben W

2. 61Scout

Come AWN!! Doesn't anyone have longer than stock brake lines??

3. Goose

Goose 1/2 ton status

I have a 4" lift and have been thinking about longer hoses. I've heard that NAPA carries different lengths for the same application. Also, I've looked at $100 brake hoses from ProComp(i think) in my Summit magazine that are longer and covered in steel mesh.

Mud is just thick water, or is it that water is just thin mud?

4. Kyle89K5

Kyle89K5 1/2 ton status

Damn Scout, I'm the one that sent you over here. I guess the tech part of this forum has gone south. I'll hunt the mag and tell ya tom.

Kyle
    89K5

5. Blazer79

Blazer79 1/2 ton status

Did you check the tech section of coloradok5.com? There you'll find the installation of new Explorer ProComp Stainless Steel lines.

You may want to try calling summit 1-800-230-3030 and ask a rep which model of the Explorer Procomp lines would suit your needs. Or visit http://www.stainlesssteelbrakes.com

Hope this helps.

<font color=black>//////
    What the heck!...Drive it like gas is $0.50/gal!!!
    </font color=black>[​IMG]

6. 61Scout

Yep, what I'm looking for though, is a plain ol' rubber hose that is longer. I heard a rumor (Kyle) that there is something that works great and I can pick up from NAPA, but if there isn't, well I'll just get me some ProComp SS lines.

7. BillR

BillR 1/2 ton status

Coming here for SCOUT questions? What's up with that??[​IMG]
    Just kidding, bro! Scouts are cool! I've owned 4 of them and wish I could find another one for a project.

Blazin' in Flagstaff

8. 61Scout

Well it is a GM axle.. [​IMG]

I figured you guys would know your sh*t when it comes to GM, but so far I'm dissapointed...

J/K at least I got some response, if I woulda asked on an IH board, well, who knows what would have happend. :)

9. Brady

Brady 1/2 ton status

Scout dude NAPA does carry a front brake hose that is 4" longer than the stock hoses.I can't seem to find my notebook with the part no. but I will look some more.You should be able to goto NAPA and find the longer hose.ust ask for a front hose for your front end and ask to see any other hoses that work for that front end maybee they will help you out. Brady '73 Beautiful Disaster. P.S.no doubt about a scout or so my friend says about his!!