Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

3/4 T Conversion Complete on my 89' Burb

Discussion in '1936-Present Suburban' started by AZ_Overdrive, Jan 2, 2003.

1. AZ_Overdrive

AZ_Overdrive 1/2 ton status

3/4 T Conversion Complete on my 89\' Burb

I just finished putting in the Dana 44 8 lug over the holiday which completes my 3/4 T conversion. I replaced the 10 bolt rear with a 14 B FF about a month ago. Whew! I am glad that's over! Now I need to sell the 33s, rims, and 10 bolt front axle. I don't think I will find any takers on the axle though...

Note to self: When trying to remove the drag link do NOT bash it with a hammer (on the threads). Use a large tie-rod or ball joint wedge to easily knock it out..... (that one cost me $60 and 5 hours of frustration).

2. Sandman

Sandman 3/4 ton status Author

Re: 3/4 T Conversion Complete on my 89\' Burb

Yep! I've been there with the hammer! Its a lesson I learned fast. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

3. u2slow

u2slow 1/2 ton status

Re: 3/4 T Conversion Complete on my 89\' Burb

Shouldn't be too hard a sell... it probably has 3.73's, and the more desireable 30-spline shafts.

I've found some wrecking yards will often work at least a partial trade when they're getting good parts. Some rear-end/differential shops will also pay for good parts.