Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

3/4 Ton axle questions

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by bayou blazer, Sep 15, 2004.

1. bayou blazer

bayou blazer 1/2 ton status

I recently picked up a set of 3/4 ton axles for the Jimmy. They were a D44 and a 14 bolt full floater. I was wondering what parts are interchangeable between the 3/4 ton and 1 ton version of the 14 bolt FF. Also what parts will interchange between my 1/2 ton 44 and this 3/4 ton front. O.K. one final question, are the axle tubes on the 14 bolt FF and the 14 bolt semi floater the same? I have access to a rear axle for free and wondering if it worth my time to grab the u bolts and spring pads for my axle. Thanks.

2. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I was wondering what parts are interchangeable between the 3/4 ton and 1 ton version of the 14 bolt FF.

[/ QUOTE ]
    Everything will interchange
    [ QUOTE ]
    Also what parts will interchange between my 1/2 ton 44 and this 3/4 ton front.

[/ QUOTE ]
    Everything will interchange here also(except if one is a 10bolt and one is a D44, from the knuckles IN will not interchange). Only other thing I can think of for this part is if you have 1 1st design D44(small bearing)and 1 2nd design D44(bigger bearing)no mix and matching stuff here, use one or the other.

I don't know the axle tube diameter of a 14SF, but me personally, I would never reuse used u-bolts, to unsafe, just my $.02

3. bayou blazer

bayou blazer 1/2 ton status

Thank you for the info. I do indeed have the larger bearing D44 for both of them. I guess I will go ahead and get new u bolts for the rear. Thanks again

4. rjfguitar

rjfguitar 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

[ QUOTE ]
    O.K. one final question, are the axle tubes on the 14 bolt FF and the 14 bolt semi floater the same? I have access to a rear axle for free and wondering if it worth my time to grab the u bolts and spring pads for my axle. Thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]
    The FF is much larger than the SF. Nothing is enterchangable between the two.

5. Blue85

Blue85 Troll Premium Member

Are the axle tubes a different diameter? I thought I heard about the spring pads being useable for either 14B.

6. one ton burb

one ton burb 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Are the axle tubes a different diameter? I thought I heard about the spring pads being useable for either 14B.

[/ QUOTE ]I'm preaty sure the axle tubes on the 14bolt ff and the 14 bolt sf are the same size. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif