Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

3/4 ton axle swap and 4 in lift ?'s (no it isnt what size tire will fit)

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 85army tank, Aug 18, 2004.

1. 85army tank

85army tank 1/2 ton status

3/4 ton axle swap and 4 in lift ?\'s (no it isnt what size tire will fit)

/forums/images/graemlins/k5.gifThis shouldnt be a real hard question.But i have an 85 blazer that i am doing a 4 in lift and 3/4 ton axles swap.The axles are from an 80 3/4 ton truck.Any way the ends of brake lines from my truck are diffrent then the caliper.It is just the shape of the end of the line that is diffrent then on the caliper.The question i have is has any one ran in to this.I was thinking of getting sst brake lines and was wondering if any one had a part number or any thing that would fit.What lenght would i need for my 4 in lift? /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

2. TruckNutzDude

TruckNutzDude 1/2 ton status

Re: 3/4 ton axle swap and 4 in lift ?\'s (no it isnt what size tire will fit)

Your calipers will be the same. I just ordered 6" extended lines for my blazer's stock calipers, used the calipers I already had and added new pads. 3/4 and 1/2 ton calipers are the same btw /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif I used explorer pro comp brake hoses. They're nice and come with a complete set. I'm going to be upgrading soon to go with 12" hoses because I added a lot more lift and travel to my suspension. My hoses have very few miles on them since my blazer has been sitting in my driveway for about a year now, /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif

3. btolenti

btolenti 1/2 ton status

I had the same problem on my swap....I just swapped calipers from the old axle to the new one! /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

4. down4thakrown

down4thakrown 1/2 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

the 3/4ton axles probably have a 7/16ths banjo bolt and your blazer uses a 10mm. had the same problem when i swapped axles. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    the 3/4ton axles probably have a 7/16ths banjo bolt and your blazer uses a 10mm. had the same problem when i swapped axles. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope, all 10 bolts have 10mm, as does the Dana 60.

There IS a difference between SOME 3/4 ton calipers and 1/2 ton ones, but either will bolt in the place of the other. There are two different sized pistons based on brake system code.

6. 85army tank

85army tank 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/k5.gifthanks for the info.maybe tonight i will swap calipers. /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

7. ugly_blazer

ugly_blazer 1/2 ton status

Re: 3/4 ton axle swap and 4 in lift ?\'s (no it isnt what size tire will fit

[ QUOTE ]
    3/4 and 1/2 ton calipers are the same btw /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

They are the same except for the banjo bolt. D44 and 10 bolt used different banjo bolts.

8. mouse

mouse 1/2 ton status

Re: 3/4 ton axle swap and 4 in lift ?\'s (no it isnt what size tire will fit

When I swapped my 3/4 ton axles in (D44 in front) I used extended SS lines for a 1/2 ton axle with no problems.