Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

3/4 ton axle swap

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by dammit32, Sep 8, 2002.

1. dammit32

dammit32 1/2 ton status

i am trading out my 1/2 ton 10 bolt carrier(6 lug) for another 10 bolt carrier(8lug) cause the gears match my new 14b ff and i want 8 lug all the way around. i am still going to have 15" rims and i was wondering if they will clear the calipers on the new axle. can i swap the calipers from my 6 lug axle? also i have new ball joints in the old axle ...can i swap the whole hub or do i need to pull the ball joints out and put them in the new one? ...the part #'s for the ball joints are the same

my new axles are from a 78 3/4 ton truck

any help is apreciated /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

2. captain chaos

captain chaos 1/2 ton status

ah done this one before /forums/images/icons/smile.gif
    in my case i used 73 axles and 15's. had to grind the caliper's and i used some spacer's.
    back should be fine.
    it was kinda a pita and then after a couple of month's i ended up buying 16.5 tires and rim's anyway. /forums/images/icons/frown.gif

dave

3. Impex

Impex 1/2 ton status

yes, yes and yes

you can run 15" wheels but you will need to grind youre calipers. youre calipers will also work on the 3/4 ton axle. and you can swap over youre ball joints im sure, everthing is the same with 1/2 and 3/4 ton only difference is bigger rotors and 2 more lugs.

8 Lug conversion
    that might help with any other questions you might have