Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

3/4 ton axles and 15" rims?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by laketex, Aug 17, 2000.

1. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

3/4 ton axles and 15\" rims?

Will 15x 10" rims fit over my 3/4 ton axles with big drums on the rear 14 bolt and front D44. I'm willing to do a little modification to calipers. Can it be done?

[​IMG][​IMG]
    Durant, Ok
    '79 Blazer in progress

2. ggallin13

ggallin13 1/2 ton status

Re: 3/4 ton axles and 15\" rims?

I don't know why not. I have a 14-bolt S/F with the biggest brake drums you can imagine, and I had no problems at all. And my brakes work great.

[​IMG]

3. derek2002

derek2002 1/2 ton status

I have offset rims on my 14 Bolt F/F rear and D44 front that are 15".. Im almsot positive that you WILL have to do some mods to fit a 15" with a stock offset. Good luck and let us know if the 15's clear.

Later,

-Derek
    1977 3/4 Ton & Blazer Project (Body Needed)
    http://www.4chevy.com

4. BIGJ

BIGJ 1/2 ton status Author

Yes they will fit, here's what you need to do: Grind the front calipers and some on the top of the backing plates for the front. If you have 3/4 ton rear drums there won't be a problem. If you decide to run disks that won't be a problem either. I had to grind just a little on my rear calipers for my 14 blot FF. My backspacing for my wheels is 4 inches. I called about wheels before I bought my axles. I found mine at wheel parts in dallas.
    If you want I can give you the guys name that helped me. He had experience with 15 inch wheels and FF axles. He knew what steel wheels fit better than others. The only drawback to the whole deal is that the wheels are special order, no returns. I have had no problems with my setup so far.

BIGJ

5. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

yeah, I'd like the guys name if you've got it there handy. Even though that would mean dealing yet again with four wheel parts...YUCK. I have actually had 2-14 bolt axles at one time, and side by side this one has quite a bit bigger brakes than the other one did. So I'm not absolutely sure it's a 3/4 ton axle. Buying brakes for a '73 3/4 ton rear wasn't a problem though, the guy at Napa just asked if I had big or small brakes. The main reason for asking about the 15" rims was that a guy in Lawton has a set for sale for 120 bones. So naturally being broke and interested, I thought I'd pose the question while I dream up a way to get that money. Later

Bryan

[​IMG][​IMG]
    Durant, Ok
    '79 Blazer in progress

6. BIGJ

BIGJ 1/2 ton status Author

The guys name is Branden Hawkins. It turns out he works at Discount Tire, not 4wheel parts. I was going to order from 4wheel parts but I ended up using discount tire. Their phone # is 915-947-8977. I paid 50.00 a piece for the wheels (white 8-spoke, I had them powdercoated black).

BIGJ