Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

3/4 ton axles?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 82K5_6.5L, Mar 6, 2003.

1. 82K5_6.5L

82K5_6.5L 1/2 ton status

well i just readin that maybe i should check out some 3/4 ton axles to drop my 35's on.. right now i have 10bolts 1/2, now what is the 3/4 ton?? what im thinking is just keeping the 10 bolts and some 4.10's or 4.11's ..i dont do massive off-roading, couple times a month if im lucky..its a daily driver! i want to do this right without f'n something up..
    thanx alot!

2. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I went to 3/4 ton axles becouse it was cheaper for me then regearing my 1/2 ton axles. Lots of people will argue then you'd have the costs of buying 8 lug rims, but I had to buy rims anyways, I just wasn't happy with the stock wheels with hub caps. Plus I like having stronger axles then the stock 1/2 tonners !!!!!

3. 70~K5

70~K5 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I went to 3/4 ton axles becouse it was cheaper for me then regearing my 1/2 ton axles. Lots of people will argue then you'd have the costs of buying 8 lug rims, but I had to buy rims anyways, I just wasn't happy with the stock wheels with hub caps. Plus I like having stronger axles then the stock 1/2 tonners !!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Well you could buy a 3/4 ton front for the gears and put the 1/2 ton outers on it and sell the 3/4 ton outers to get some of your money back too. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well you could buy a 3/4 ton front for the gears and put the 1/2 ton outers on it and sell the 3/4 ton outers to get some of your money back too. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

[/ QUOTE ] /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif Why when you can get a matching set of 3/4 ton axles, and try too sell the 1/2 ton axles to someone that could use them ??? I don't understand why would change the outers ???

5. 4x4dreamer

4x4dreamer 1/2 ton status

Do our 10 bolts fit on jeeps? I have a friend who has a cj-7...he doesn't know it yet, but he needs new axles /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

6. 4x4Freak

4x4Freak 1/2 ton status

With some modification, anything will fit.

7. 82K5_6.5L

82K5_6.5L 1/2 ton status

hey so how much is it for a pair of 3/4 ton axles? and how hard are they to put in???

8. Swanson52

Swanson52 1/2 ton status

The front will bolt straight in, for the rear you will likely need new ubolts, new ujoint for the rear shaft, and new ubolt plates (should come with the rear). A good set of 4.10 geared 3/4 ton stuff should run you no more than about $500, unless you start talking lockers and such.

9. Beast388

Beast388 1/2 ton status

The cost depends on what deals you can find. The local junkyard quoted me $400 for a D44/14BFF combo. I bought a parts truck with the same axles for $150. Keep your eyes open for old beater trucks sitting in backyards and fields.....you never know what you might find for next to nothing. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif Happy hunting! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

10. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I bought mine for $250.00 from a guy parting out a 78 3/4 Ton pick-up.