Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

3/4 ton Burb

Discussion in 'Tow & Trailer' started by wayne, Jan 8, 2004.

1. wayne

wayne 3/4 ton status

Ok, I have been looking into what to buy for a tow rig and the most logical choise I can come up with is a 3/4 ton Burb. I'm leaning toward late 90's 4x4 with the 7.4 unless I stumble on a good deal for a diesel. Does anybody have one or know somebody that has one and how do they like it and what kind of milage are they getting. I'm not concerened with milage but I'm curious on how well the FI bigblocks do.

2. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

Hunting bubby of mine has a 2000 7.4L 4x4 burb. He loves it, he tows a 38'travel trailer with it. Pulls it up and over Mt. Hood at 70 mph in OD /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif he says half the time he forgets the trailer is back there /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. wayne

wayne 3/4 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gifThat's what I like to hear.

4. Burbinator

Burbinator 1/2 ton status

My '95 K2500 Suburban with a 7.4L is getting about 11 MPG and it is pretty constant. It is the TBI variant vs. MPI that was introduced in '96. I have only had it for a month or so (it replaced my totalled truck), but it tows my 24' travel trailer and my 22' SeaRay like there was nothing there.

/forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif