Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

3/4 ton D60 brakes *Oh Wes*

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Hossbaby50, Jun 11, 2004.

1. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

I know it has been done, I have seen it. I am wondering about using 3/4 ton brake parts on a D60 front axle.

I am interested because I have a 3/4 ton front in my K5 and my next trail only truck is going to be D60 and I want the same brake parts that are cheaper and easier to find.

Anyone done it? I know FWP has it but he bought his D60 that way from Wes.

Wes, did you do the conversion? How did you go about it? I saw the 2 tabs welded to the caliper brackets, did you make them or buy them? Specs on them? What has to be modified? Thanks

Harley

2. az-k5

az-k5 1/2 ton status

WMS makes a kit for that IIRC.

3. Silver84k5

Silver84k5 1/2 ton status

wes, as in "thatk30guy"? Havent seen him around in many many moons. Think he took a break from the Truck game.

4. cybrfire

cybrfire 1 ton status Vendor GMOTM Winner

Wes, as in thatk30guy has left the truck scene completely. Sold all his stuff I think and got in to RC cars. He may stop in from time to time but he's on to a new hobby. You may have to find another way to contact him. Beyond that I can't help you.

5. rodzzilla

rodzzilla 1/2 ton status

I bought a set of brackets on ebay that need the holes drilled. They look a lot like the 14 bolt conversion brackets. I was trying to convince a friend to go 6 lug on his 60/14 combo since he has ralley wheels widended to 15x12. He hasn't decided what he is going to do.