Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

3/4 ton done!!!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by ftn96, Sep 12, 2001.

1. ftn96

ftn96 1/2 ton status

Yee freaking haw!! Got the CV 1350 shaft in from JEsse. Man this thing is BAD A$$. The The welding the perches was a breeze. The E-brake cable is not long enough to hook up. Will have to move the bracket or make some sorta extention.
    But on test drive no vibrations, everything was good to go.
    Now I just need to bleed the brakes some more and adjust the rear brakes a little more and re-gear the front with 4.56's and I'll be good to go.
    Thanks rocko, rene, and everyone else that helped me out here. It was truely great to be ridin in the truck again this morning. Other than the new little noise I can hear coming from the Top of the T-case or tranny thru the floor board.

"you know... the guy with the BAD A$$ spring perches!!![​IMG]
    <a target="_blank" href=http://www.nashvillek5.freeservers.com>www.nashvillek5.freeservers.com</a>

2. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

Congrats Bro!!
    Sure feels great to get behind the wheel again!!!!

72K5[​IMG]Led Zeppelin[​IMG]Rock ON![​IMG]
    <a target="_blank" href=http://www.geocities.com/baja/5099>www.geocities.com/baja/5099</a>

3. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Hey Brandon, good to hear it went well. I'm sorry your news about the swap is so over shadowed by recent events. I know it was a big deal for you to do this yourself, especially the welding. Congrats on the swap!

Rene

<font color=green>Dyslexics of the world...UNTIE!</font color=green>

4. rocko

rocko 1/2 ton status

Yeah man.. Congrat's..
    I taking my truck in to have the Brakes professionally done.. and have it aligned..
    Not cutting corner's when it comes to the stopping and steering..
    I'll be driving mine soon on a more regular basis soon..
    But I'm enjoying my Fuel Injection right now.. gas last's forever in my 89...

I haven't failed, I've found 10,000 ways that don't work. www.rocko.rockcrawler.com

5. ftn96

ftn96 1/2 ton status

Well all I know is that now that I have my truck back Im a little more versitile should any local shinola starts happening. IE I can head for the hills with the family. [​IMG] Just cant use 4WD[​IMG] But thats only 300 dollars away.

"you know... the guy with the BAD A$$ spring perches!!![​IMG]
    <a target="_blank" href=http://www.nashvillek5.freeservers.com>www.nashvillek5.freeservers.com</a>