Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

3/4 ton FRONT axle is in finally!

Discussion in 'Pacific Region' started by kennyw, Sep 29, 2003.

1. kennyw

kennyw N9PHW Premium Member

Finally got my front axle in this weekend. It was nearly 10pm when I finished up (had to take the 33" tires back off due to hitting the fenders). I will need to put new ball joints in this axle soon as the drivers side is really bad. But gives me a good reason to put in the flat tops that are already machined for crossover too /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

2. leadfoot067

leadfoot067 1/2 ton status

sure is nice when a plan comes together huh /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. shane74

shane74 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif dude!

gawd...I feel like Shannon with all the /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif action!

4. kennyw

kennyw N9PHW Premium Member

Plan? well not exactly to any plan, I got ripped a new one at les shaby when I had my 33's mounted. I was expecting to spend about $13/tire for mounting and balancing but it came out closer to $24/tire. That left me with 1/2 a tank of gas and no money sitting in The Dalles, OR. I didnt have enough gas to go back to Arlington and swap in my axle and still drive over to Oregon City and sell my 6 lug tires like I had planned (and needed the cash to cover the mounting and still have enough to get to my next payday)...

So I headed for Salem hoping to find a place to work on my truck and still have enough gas to deliver my old tires (which I was still driving on until I put in the 3/4 ton front by the way)...

Ended up in Dallas at a friends house and did the swap there. Ran out of gas the night before however and had to call Jeff, muddytazz to help me out.

5. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

right on congrats /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

6. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

[ QUOTE ]
    /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif dude!

gawd...I feel like Shannon with all the /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif action!

[/ QUOTE ]
    /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

7. BadBowtie1

BadBowtie1 1/2 ton status

RIGHT ON!!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

8. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

Glad everything worked out ok for ya kenny...just glad I was home when you called for the help /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif