Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

3/4 ton lifts - rear spring replacement............

Discussion in '1936-Present Suburban' started by BurbinOR, Dec 3, 2002.

1. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

Are the rear replacement springs available from the major vendors (such as Tuff Country) adequate in regards to weight capacity? Planning on a 4" lift with springs, no blocks, don't even bring up shackle flip as this will be doing towing. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

Have this in mind for a factory 91 3/4 ton Burb..........

Thanks!

2. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

Yes, buddy of mine has a 88 burb and he went with 4 corner 4" lift springs from Skyjacker. He's a construction worker and pulls a construction trailer daily to job sites with close to 10,000 lbs of total trailer weight(including trailer). Has had them on for about 8 years now and just within the last 6 months have the rear springs started showing sag (with trailer hooked up), without trailer there is still no visual sag. Does this answer your question somewhat? BTW, did you get that 91?

3. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

Yep, that's what I needed to know!

Thanks bud. Working on getting that Burb...........gonna probably meet him tomorrow to look it over one more time and make my offer. Pretty good price - asking $5900 for it, only downside to it is the mileage - 160K. That really doesn't bother me tho, everything is in great shape. Not a lot of choices out there with the options I want............well, actually, this is the only current 91 3/4 ton locally. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

Glad it helped, anything else just give a yell, or just drive it down to my place or could meet. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Hope ya get 91, good luck /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

Are ya planning to make the swap soon? If so, I'd like to be first in line for the 3/4-ton springs. The stock springs on my half-ton are pretty shot and there's no funding available for new replacements right now. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

6. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

If I can get the deal done on the 91, it will most likely happen pretty soon. I'll keep ya posted. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif

7. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

Sweet! /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif