Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

3/4 ton Rearend question

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by gotchevys?, Apr 8, 2006.

1. gotchevys?

gotchevys? Registered Member

Hey guys, I need a little info. Can you give me some information on this rearend. I know ive seen one on here before but can't remember where it was. The rearend is original and is in a 71 3/4 chevy 4x4. Also I need a set of 2 inch brake drums for it. The owner of the truck has had no luck finding them. Suposedly they made 2inch and 2 5/16 inch drums for these but the 2 inch was only used in 71. This is the info i got from the owner. If you can let me know where I can get a set it would be great thanks.:burb: :usaflag:

IMG_1607.JPG

IMG_1608.JPG

IMG_1609.JPG

2. b454rat

b454rat 1/2 ton status Premium Member

It's an Eaton rear, IIRC HO52?? The only difference is in the brakes. If your having a hard time finding drums, then why not put discs on it?? Probly be cheaper that way too, cause when you do find drums, inless used, they will be expensive....

3. gotchevys?

The customer has not had any luck finding new drums so we are hoping to find a good used set or at least 1 because only one of his is bad. What can you tell me about the eaton rearend. What trucks did they put them in and what are the pros and cons of them?:burb: :usaflag:

4. redneckdude

redneckdude 1/2 ton status

Are the shoes 12x2? I can get them through Advance no prob it appears. just go to partsamerica.com and enter the year/make/model then search brake shoes...it will walk you through it.

5. sweetk30

sweetk30 professional hooker Premium Member

lots of the 14ff parts swap on to them. you might try upgrading to the 14 bolt brakes. i have seen it done on some parts. i know a friend used the 14ff ebrake cables on his . direct bolt on.

6. gotchevys?

red neck dude i need drums not shoes

7. u2slow

u2slow 1/2 ton status

So far I've only seen the 11-5/32" and 13" drums on the Eaton. The '72 D60 rear I had used the 12x2" drums.