Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

3/4 ton springs in a 1/2 ton

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by kerwinq, Feb 29, 2004.

1. kerwinq

kerwinq Registered Member

I am thinking about putting 3/4 ton springs in my 75 1/2 ton 4x4, I was told this will raise the truck about 2 inches but will give a rougher ride. Has anyone done this? What kind of ride can I expect? Or is there a better and easier way or raising the truck about 2 inches?

Thanks for the help, Kerwin

2. SF87K5

SF87K5 1/2 ton status

you will not like the ride. My buddy did this and he took them out after a week. when he went over a spped bump it was like driving off a 18" curb. hard hit and no give from the thick heavy springs.

I hope this helps.

3. Confedneck

Confedneck 3/4 ton status

they WILL hurt you when you drive it.. i suggest if you like your kidneys, you invest in a nice lift kit instead of a 3/4ton spring swap..

4. kerwinq

kerwinq Registered Member

Would the ride be better if only the front was done and I used blocks in the rear?

Thanks for the help, Kerwin

5. skelly1

skelly1 1/2 ton status

It'll be a little stiff in the front, but that doesn't matter. I drive my 72 K20, which is 3/4 ton, really a 1 ton in the rear, and it's a tad hard on the kidneys, but it's not too bad. I say run what you brung!

6. GMCLegacy

GMCLegacy 1/2 ton status

just amke sure you buy the right length 3/4 ton pack, they came in 52 and 56 inch lengths.

i would swap for a 3/4 ton pack if you are not concerned with losing some flex. and remember, it is a truck, it is supose to ride like a truck. if you want a silky smooth ride, buy a buick