Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

3/4 ton springs in a 1/2?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by tch777, Feb 17, 2004.

1. tch777

tch777 1/2 ton status

Hi guys just need to know what I can do here.
    The 91 burb has the stock 1/2 ton springs with add a leafs in them that are supposed to give 2 inches of lift. I have the factory sway bar up front and an aftermarket on the rear. The burb sways like a leaf even with only a 5 mph cross wind. To me it feels like the suspension is "soft". I like the ride of my F350 as it is firmer and sways a lot less. Will the 3/4 ton springs from a 91 sub bolt on to my 91 1/2 ton sub and give me enough lift 2 to 3 inches to clear the 33s and a firmer ride? Oh yeah I have new procomp shocks on too that did help firm the ride over the Rancho RSX shocks that they replaced?

TIA

Tim

2. skratch

skratch 1/2 ton status

The Burb is gonna sway in the wind no matter what you do to it. It has a lot more surface area to catch the wind than a F350 does.
    The front springs will be the same length so they should fit no problem.
    The rears are 56" eye to eye as opposed to the 52" springs on a half ton. The hangers are the same and the holes to move your rear hanger should already be in the frame.
    I'm not sure as to how much if any lift running those spings will net you. But I know a few guys running 33's with no lift on their 1/2 ton Burbs, and an old customer of mine had a 454 3/4ton with 33's and no lift too. So I would assume that you could do that with no problem, but they will rub if you get it flexed out too much unless you trim the fenders.