Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

3/4 ton swap is done =)

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by shewheeler, May 19, 2003.

1. shewheeler

shewheeler 1/2 ton status

Big thanks to gokartergo, NoSmog73, Ryan B. and KidJethro for busting ass all day on Saturday to get this done in time for a test drive before sunset! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

See the Pics Here!

Thanks also to imiceman44 for taking more sheetmetal off around my new swampers /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

So far, I really like it... the welded rear-end is different, but I don't think it will bother me /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

2. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

Re: 3/4 swap is done =)

looks great congrats /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. gokartergo

gokartergo 3/4 ton status Staff Member Moderator

Yes it does look good...

[​IMG]

4. Zeus33rd

Zeus33rd Smarter than you GMOTM Winner

Weeee! I'm glad it's done and drives great. Drove it around a bit, and it almost drives as good as my gramps 97 F-250. It's got a 1st design external hub D44 with new everything. And a 77 1 ton 14b with the big brakes, Jethro-Lockt and new everything. Both with 4.10's Rockstonper 8 lug 15x8's with 37x12.5x15 SSR's. Pretty bad ass if ya sk me. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. bablazer73

bablazer73 1/2 ton status

Congrats! looks good. whats next?

6. gokartergo

gokartergo 3/4 ton status Staff Member Moderator

[ QUOTE ]
    Congrats! looks good. whats next?

[/ QUOTE ]

It better be nothing for a while.. We all need a break from her pink diffs.... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

7. Ryan B.

Ryan B. 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Right on Cheryle! You aquired all the parts and did the swap pretty darn quick. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif Was awsome to help get your stuff all swapped and driving again in like 8 hours. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Whats next? Yer gonna have to get those pink diff covers all muddy and scraped up. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif When's the olive drab green paint going on? /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Have you managed to get that grease out from under your fingernails? Found anything that works good for that yet? /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif

8. Ryan B.

Ryan B. 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Right on Cheryle! You aquired all the parts and did the swap pretty darn quick. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif Was awsome to help get your stuff all swapped and driving again in like 8 hours. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Whats next? Yer gonna have to get those pink diff covers all muddy and scraped up. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif When's the olive drab green paint going on? /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Have you managed to get that grease out from under your fingernails? Found anything that works good for that yet? /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif

9. shewheeler

Nice double post, ya wanker /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

I'll be sand blasting those pink covers at Pismo, but I'm sure I might acquire a scratch or 2 at BlazerFest /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

As a matter of fact, I still got some grease under the nails... if you have any recommendations, I'd really like to hear them /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif

10. Greg72

Greg72 "Might As Well..." Staff Member Super Moderator

Am I seeing those pics correctly....?

Looks like Ryan went and got himself the "Greg72" haircut!!
    /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

All he needs now is a tortilla mask (hint, hint!) /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

11. Don

Don 1/2 ton status

Nice pics. Glad to hear You've got it done! Say were You scratching Your back under the front end there Cheryle?

Great job Guy's, and Gal! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif What kinda Spring's are under the front? Lift? /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

12. gravdigr

gravdigr 1/2 ton status

Not to be an ass but I gotta ask...I thought the 8 bolt axles are 1 ton axles, cuz that's what they look like to me. Or did ya swap out 3/4 ton axles for those. Or am I just working too hard? /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

13. Don

Don 1/2 ton status

A 14 bolt rear axle is a 3/4, or 1 ton axle. The front Dana 44 is the standard 3/4 ton axle. A front Dana 60 is a 1 ton axle. /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

14. gravdigr

gravdigr 1/2 ton status

ahh gotcha. I thought if it took 8 bolt rims it was considered a 1 ton.

15. shewheeler

[ QUOTE ]
    . . . What kinda Spring's are under the front? Lift? /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

4" TC EZ rides /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif They really softened the ride up a lot. I previously had rough countrys and my truck rode like a friggen tank. Mucho better with the EZ rides in there /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

16. kennyw

kennyw N9PHW Premium Member

The parts look much better after they are under the truck too /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif Have any troubles with that first step after adding the 37's? /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

17. Polaris

Polaris 1/2 ton status

Fingernail polish /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif