Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

3/4 ton swap

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by dammit32, Sep 21, 2002.

1. dammit32

dammit32 1/2 ton status

I'm trading my stock 10b for a 3/4 ton 10b ...are the axles the same length? I have new u-joints in the one I'm running now and was wondering if i could just pull the shafts out and swap em cause i wanna swap the ball joints (brand new as well) and i could do it easy while i had it apart.

Just trying to prepare as much as i can for my big swap...got my tires(35"SSR's) /forums/images/icons/smile.gif and my 15" 8 lug rims are ordered...just gotta grind my calipers a little when the rims arrive .

It should be like second nature to do the swap...I've read so much here about them. But I want to make sure everything is ready cause my K5 gets me to work every day /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

Thanks for all the help /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

2. outlaw612

outlaw612 1/2 ton status

I believe everything is the same in the 1/2 and 3/4 ton 10bolts except the spindles out. If it were me, I would just change the spindles hubs and rotors. That way you wont have to mess with changing the ball joints and axles. Basically, just do an 8 lug conversion on your axle.

3. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

Only if his 6 lug axle has the ratio of the 8 lug rear axle! /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

4. dammit32

dammit32 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

5. outlaw612

outlaw612 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/icons/blush.gif

6. u2slow

u2slow 1/2 ton status

The spindles should be the same - unless your truck is a pick'n'mix of parts. The smaller spindles were used up to '76 or so on the 6-lug Dana 44 front axle.

All you need to change for 8-lug up front is the hub, rotor, caliper bracket, and caliper. The lockouts should even be the same.