Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

***3 FREE*** MEMBERSHIPS, drawing on the 5th, to be given away on FEB 23rd.

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 88K5Jimmy, Feb 3, 2003.

1. 88K5Jimmy

88K5Jimmy 1/2 ton status

Re: ***FREE*** MEMBERSHIP to be given away on FEB 23rd.

Haven't gone orange cause I'm still in college and can't really modify my K5 at the moment. However this would be great birthday present (feb 10th). /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Thanks milspecjimmy for your generousity /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
    Ross

2. MTBLAZER89

MTBLAZER89 3/4 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Haven't gone orange yet cause I am in the NAVY and my paycheck sucks, and I am married with 2 kids.

Pick Me Pick Me /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

3. daleearnhardt01

daleearnhardt01 1/2 ton status

My excuse is pretty lame. I dont have a check card to get stuff online and my parents hate it when I have to use theirs to buy stuff online. Pretty much I havent pushed my parents enough to go with me to get a check card. HAHA /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

4. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

I just sent a US funds money order in to Steve...twice now. I don't have a CC. It's pretty painless.

Rene

5. daleearnhardt01

daleearnhardt01 1/2 ton status

Well I rekon I could do that if I dont win /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

6. bckinblk

bckinblk 1/2 ton status

After all the bills are paid and the kids are fed Im left with a measly 75$ week to spend .I and it seems I am always putting money into my trucks just to keep em runnin.If I were to hit the lotto I would buy every respectible person I know a membership to this site /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif It's not easy /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif bein a bluebie... Next $25 I can spare Im in

7. 72BlazerTravis

72BlazerTravis Registered Member

Yay! I'm starting my own business so I have no extra cash right now for a membership. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

8. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

Can you say "snowballs chance".....

I knew you could..... /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif

9. mountainexplorer

mountainexplorer 1/2 ton status

I'm 21 years old and still living at home. I have no job. I have lots of stuff but no money, and no one that has money will buy stuff I put up for sale. Whenever I place local ads, I barely make enough back to pay for the ad itself.

Everything I own has continuous problems ranging from small to large...broken off bolts in a block to blown motors. I'm a college student with two scholarships, but tuition is still expensive. I just found out that I'm lacking too many credits, so I cant graduate in May; instead I have to return again in the fall for another semester and pay tuition fees for another 1/2 year...and I don't think the scholarships will renew for a 5th year.

I have to go back to classes tomorrow, and I havent even gotten to work on anything of my own. My mom has ongoing projects for me to do remodeling our basement, to work off money I borrowed from her but havent been able to pay back. I calculated all my deals from 2002 that I was supposed to make money on, and every single deal I lost money on because I tried helping friends out who never paid me or could only trade stuff (instead of paying cash).

My dog of 11 years died in September after my mom and I spent almost $2000 on surgery expenses to try to save him (he was more of a family member than a pet). Almost everyone I know wants me to help them out with stuff even though I don't even have time to do maintenance on my own vehicles. People who have stuff I want to get will take cash only, yet people who want stuff I'm willing to part with don't have any cash.

My "2nd home" is a 21 ft. trailer that has a roof and two tarps over it, yet still leaks water through as if there were no tarps or roof over it. Every time I stay in it, I have to share it with the mice and listen to water dripping into a container. The carpet is soaked and ruined and the ceiling panels around the leak are falling down.

My average gas mileage is between 5 and 8 mpg, but I try to counter that by driving as little as possible. I dont go to parties, dont drink, dont smoke, have never done drugs, dont go out with friends and never go see movies. The only money I spend is on food, vehicle parts, and gas. My only recreation is the occasional trip to the ORV park or spending a weekend at my "second home".

Despite being only 21, everytime I lift something heavy, I feel my back aching...I suspect I'll have back problems when I get older. And to top it all off, I'm single, and there is little chance I will ever find the girl out there for me.

Sorry, not all of that relates to why I cant buy a membership. I usually don't complain about stuff, but I figured just this once I'd list everything thats on my mind as I'm feeling depressed and un-motivated to do anything anymore. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Thats my long story about my pathetic life...I know others out there have it worse off.

Thanks for having this free membership opportunity. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

10. Stroked72Blazer

Stroked72Blazer 1/2 ton status

I had previously stated that I didn't think it was worth $25 to join because I didn't know of any members in my area. That was before I found out that there was a k5er in my local offroad club, and before I discovered the "Midwest k5 thing". I was and still somewhat am unaware of how much time or money it takes to keep the boards alive. I get 5megs of web space with my internet subscription. How much space is needed anyway? I am computer literate but have never attempted to creat or run a website so I am totally unaware. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif
    Now that I have a few more facts and am looking at it from a "keep the boards alive" stance I see that it is worth the green. So this weekend I will be turning orange and am also going to match MilspecJimmy's prise with another membership to be drawn when he draws for his sponsership.

11. MOABDADC22

MOABDADC22 1/2 ton status

Re: ***FREE*** MEMBERSHIP drawing on the 5th, to be given away on FEB 23rd.

OHHH OHHH PICK ME PICK ME!!!!!!! Giving a cop something free could be considered a "gratuity". This would fire up all the guys/gals out there that live by the belief that all cops are crooked and abusing their power. So feed the fire and allow me to abuse my [cartman] authority [cartman/]. Oh yeah, If I win I will put my CK5 sticker on my patrol car. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif (at least until I get fired or suspended.........................Ok, bad idea /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif. Scratch that. /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif)

12. MOABDADC22

MOABDADC22 1/2 ton status

Re: ***FREE*** MEMBERSHIP drawing on the 5th, to be given away on FEB 23rd.

Is this like the raffle at the supermarket to win the go-cart?? Does more entries improve my odds of winning? /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

13. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> Stroked72, here's a quick guesstimate to give you an idea how badly Steve needs paying members. Our club board currently has 2854 posts on it and is using 3.4MB of storage. CK5 currently has 612,793 posts on it so that would be around 730MB, and that's not accounting for the storage of the profiles for all of the 10,000+ users that CK5 has vs our measly 70-odd. Plus enough bandwidth to let a couple hundred people browse it at the same time. And that's only for the BBS.

I really have no idea how much it costs to run the site, but if we needed that much storage from our provider it would cost somewhere on the order of $2000+ per year if I remember the rates correctly off the top of my head. So if those costs are on par with what Steven pays (and my estimate is low) then Steve needs a new member basically every 4 days just to pay for the BBS section of the site, and that is not including any profit for him to feed his family with.</font color>

14. DesertDueler

DesertDueler 1/2 ton status

Re: ***2 FREE*** MEMBERSHIPS, drawing on the 5th, to be given away on FEB 23rd.

My reason is I dont have a job again. Thats twice in 6 months. No money. I have having to sell trail spare and what not to survive.

Dan /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif

15. K1Orion

K1Orion 1/2 ton status

I am 23 and engaged. I incurred an unexpected expense this year(bought a ring). I just got internet access over x-mas and am puter illiterate. I even tried to turn orange but couldn't figure out how to pay. I will proably join eventually, but free is good. Also, I work in construction and got laid off December 15. I hope I can get back to work soon, but it has rained or snowed at least every 3 days since I was laid off and it is too wet to work. Even if I do get back to work, I probably won't make much this year because the economy in this area isn't in the best shape.
    Hope I am the best story, but I would be disheartened if mine is the saddest.

16. 88jimmyoungowner

88jimmyoungowner 1/2 ton status

Re: ***2 FREE*** MEMBERSHIPS, drawing on the 5th, to be given away on FEB 23rd.

because of my lack of a wayto buy something online, and also because i have no job, literally. no source of income, jsut my dad giving me enough money to take my woman on dates.

17. milspecjimmy

milspecjimmy 1/2 ton status

your in the running, scott. but incase you dont win try this: membership

18. conoverbandit

conoverbandit 1/2 ton status

Put me in to please,
    I live on a one person income (mine) and support 4 people.
    I really like CK5, and would like to be other then a "bluebie" thanks,
    Conoverbandit

19. K5Dan

K5Dan 1/2 ton status

yup!once again right after i pay for it they start just givin' them away!oh well cool deal /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

20. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    If I were to hit the lotto I would buy every respectible person I know a membership to this site

[/ QUOTE ]

So that'd be like what, all of 4 people.... /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif