Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

3 heaters, 4 burners, one oven, and a furnace.

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by mountainexplorer, Jan 15, 2005.

1. mountainexplorer

mountainexplorer 1/2 ton status

3 hours with 2 heaters did nothing. 30 minutes with 3 heaters full blast, 4 stove burners on, the oven at 350 degrees and the propane furnace cranked to 90 brough the rear 8x10 portion of the motorhome to about 70 degrees.

Then after walling off the back half of the motorhome using cushions from the side couch, the propane got shut off and the 3 heaters maintained almost room temperature the rest of the night.
    [​IMG]

2. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

new home? :confused:

3. mountainexplorer

The motorhome is the "living quarters" up at the property... either it or one of the other campers or trailers, but it's the nicest of them all. I had to spend a night there. Wasted trip... went up to drop off a truck and yank a motor and tranny out of another truck.

Once I stepped outside after getting there, and felt the temperature, I knew nothing would get done. I spent all night trying not to become a popsicle. Then this morning went to take on the simple task of retrieving 4 rims for a guy... and after trudging around in the snow and finding one, I gave up on that task as well.

I returned home to town having accomplished nothing.

Oh wait, I did drop off the truck that I towed up there. It wouldnt even start to back off the trailer even though it drove on the day before. Its almost like gas didnt want to burn.

4. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

Yikes! Sounds like quite a day!:(

5. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

Hope you took a book or something

6. mountainexplorer

I had several older issues of Petersons 4-Wheel.

I ended up reading the article on Gear Vendors Overdrive Units and kicking myself some more for selling the one I had.

7. big_truxx

big_truxx 1/2 ton status

I went to gear vendors site and they were all like $2,600?? I had thought that they were a lot less. unless ima moron still and do not know where to look... I was thinkin about one in the future... but nt now if they really are that expensive. IIRC you did make a bunch of money on the truck you parted out didnt you?

8. ronnny

ronnny 1/2 ton status

glad to be in the south. Warm enough for short sleeve shirts today. If i were up there would have to hibernate for the winter.

9. k5blazin

k5blazin 1/2 ton status

I would love to be up where you are mountainexplorer. i love the cold and i hate the weather we are having here now. it can be 70 degrees one week and last week it was 40 and raining. i wish it would just be winter and SNOW DAMNIT!!

10. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

yeah that suck i would brave it out thought for the stash of trucks you have up there.

too bad your not closer i would help you out up there.

i got a canadian forces( yes we do have an army)
    sleeping bag its a -60*C system two downbags a liner and a hood you can sleep out side and be warm. things thing kicks ass!!

11. mountainexplorer

Every time we have temperatures on the extreme ends of the spectrum, I always laugh and think about being at the other extreme.

Like when it was -20 the other night when I was up there (I didn't even know it was that cold till the next morning), I was thinking about exactly the opposite end of the year when I can be at the exact same spot with it 100 degrees outside, and you DREAM of a big deep freeze and I look at things and wonder if they will spontaneousely combust.

Some stuff in the sun in the summers gets too hot to touch, yet here I was with 1/8" of frost built up on the insides of the windows and on the door handle.

Us humans are so tempermental with temperature.