Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

3 inch body lift questions

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by txbartman, Jun 21, 2002.

1. txbartman

txbartman 1/2 ton status

I've got the 1" ORD body lift right now and still rub with trimmed fenders. I have never been a big fan of body lifts, but I believe I am about to change my mind. It would give me more clearance without having to do more trimming and without impacting driveline angles. It would also give me more clearance up front for my under-radiator-support winch mounting location.

What brand is the best? I know I will have to extend the shift rod, does the kit come with soemthing for this? Will i have to weld something (not a welder) or can I just bolt something on? How will the impact to my tcase shifter be impacted?

Thanks

2. CooknwithGas

CooknwithGas 1/2 ton status

I recommend a 2" body lift. Many things start getting in a bind with the 3" body lift. The only thing you have to do is extend the gas filler and extend the automatic tranny linkage. They give you a little rod to weld to your linkage. With a 3" you have to do lots more. I have installed two Performance Accessories 2" kits and they both worked well.

Good luck.

3. shane74

shane74 1/2 ton status

The only other thing I had to do with my 3" was to modify the hole for the t-case shifter. I had to cut a 1/2"x1/2" notch in the tranny hump so that the shift would fully engage into low-loc. Then I moved the shifter boot up, drilled new holes and screwed it down. You can't tell there is a notch in the floor, and I don't have any carpet or other type of covering. I spent about an extra 15 mins. to do that verses a 2" on I installed on my last rig.

4. Mudzer

Mudzer 1/2 ton status Author

Check the for sale boards, I have a 2" body lift and body bushing kit for sale!

5. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

For my friend's, all we did was weld up the shifter linkage with the 3" piece.

To those with manuals, did you ever have to extend your clutch linkage?

6. MudbogAD

MudbogAD 1/2 ton status

I didn't even have to extend my gas filler with the 3 inch and nothing binds at all with it.