Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

3 inch lift steering

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 6.2L Jimmy, Apr 29, 2002.

1. 6.2L Jimmy

6.2L Jimmy 1/2 ton status

Hey All,

Can some one tell me if there is a difference between a 4 inch raised steering arm or a 4 inch drop pitman arm? I s one better that the other? Thanks in advance
    Mike

2. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

Yes, the pitman arm goes on the steering box and the steering arm bolts to the axle. I've never seen a 4" pitman arm that someone didn't make themself. :eek: The aftermarket makes 2" ones though.

You probably won't need anything for a 3" lift, but the 2" pitman arm would be nice.

3. 6.2L Jimmy

6.2L Jimmy 1/2 ton status

Hi Again

Could I use a 4-incher just incase I ever go to a 4-inch lift
    Thanks again
    Mike

4. Blazinaire

Blazinaire 1/2 ton status

I don't see why 1 inch more of steering correction than suspension lift is any worse than 1 inch less correction than lift. Your steering would be closer to center with a 4''arm than it would be without it. Sounds good to me, but I'm no expert.

5. ChevBlazin

ChevBlazin 1/2 ton status

Just was thinking about a 4" arm without 4" of lift. This would make the front of the drag link lower than the rear and maybe it would bind on the steering arm when you turn?Probably not, but just a consideration. I suppose it would be the same scenario as stock springs that have sagged about an inch or so. just my .02