Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

3" or 2.5" pipe for dules

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by James90, Dec 18, 2000.

1. James90

James90 1/2 ton status

3\" or 2.5\" pipe for dules

I want to run true dules on my blazer I want them to come out in frount of the tires I want it to be loud and deep with as little pop as possable.

I dont know wther I sould put 3" with a high flow cat on each side or use 2.5" pipe?

and sould I put mufflers and tips on it or just tips or just mufflers or nither?

the emisson law around here are really slack so I can get a way with almost any thing

I just dont know what I need to get to make it loud and deep?

thanks

[​IMG]Go prepared

http://www.trailblazer90.coloradok5.com

2. ken

ken 1/2 ton status

Re: 3\" or 2.5\" pipe for dules

Max 2.5" for true duals. Any bigger and you'll loose some bottom end torque.

ken

3. 6.2Blazer

6.2Blazer 1/2 ton status

Re: 3\" or 2.5\" pipe for dules

If you are running at least a mostly stock engine, I wouldn't go any bigger than 2.5" pipes for duals. In my opinion, 3" duals are just too much and the decrease in back pressure could actually hurt performance.........though in general, the larger pipes will give a deeper sound. A lot of guys around here used to like the "cackly" sound and used small pipes (around 2") and glass packs to get it.
    Some large diameter exhaust tips can also help give that deep, throaty sound. I could notice the difference in the sound of mine when I removed them (2 1/4" duals with 3 1/2" diameter by 12" long tips), but the tips kept getting hung up when fourwheeling so they had to go.