Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

3 or 4 link does it = softer ride?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by bad_bo_ti, Aug 16, 2001.

1. bad_bo_ti

bad_bo_ti 1/2 ton status

I am thinking of either three linking or 4 linking my blazer with coil over shocks, will this set up make it ride softer or harder, i really dont off road that much it is just a daily drive, i want to run 39s or 40s on it with 3/4 ton axles, i am just looking for a little softer ride. will this set up be softer or is there another solution? please tell me all there is to know. I am also thinking of doing this to my 93 chevy silverado(ditching the IFS)

2. Pugsley

Pugsley 1/2 ton status

Your ride quality depends mostly on the rate of the coils you use, also the geometry. I really wouldn't go with the 3 or 4 link for a primarily highway rig - I'd go with a soft-ride leaf kit, like Superlift's SuperRide or Skyjacker's Softride. For your Silverado, look into a race-bred kit like FabTech, the difference in ride/handling is unbelievable.

Dos mas Tecates!!!
    <a target="_blank" href=http://pugsley.alloffroad.com>pugsley.alloffroad.com</a>