Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

3 or 4 point Seat Harness

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 73k5blazer, Apr 7, 2004.

1. 73k5blazer

73k5blazer Unplug the matrix cable from the back of your head Premium Member

I'm trying to decide on some seatbelt options for my build.
    Anyone running the Corbeau 3 point retractable harness, or similiar? ( LIke This)
    Really, what I'm most curious about is the seat being used with these types of harness'. I mean, most of the time they are shown in a custom racing seat with the two holes for the two upper body straps ( LIke This ), and was wondering if that type of seat is required for those, or if you can use these types of harness's with a OEM seat.
    Anyone running this type of harness with an OEM seat, if so, how do you like it?

Thanks..

Ken

2. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer 3/4 ton status

the nice thing about the 3 point one is the inertia reel.
    the problem with both of the designs is i have seen some silly chick on the dunes die because she had a 3/4 point design. went right under the lap belt in her bug, and folded herself in a few places she didnt fold due to hitting the firewall and the steering wheel. sad thing is she took a while to die, and there was nothing they could do but try, and i mean TRY to comfort her.

look into a 5 point design. or the 6 point style is nicer as it wont crush the boys. but id like a free castration and still live personaly /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif
    Grant

3. southernspeed

southernspeed 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

I've got those 3 point retractable ones and they're great for ease of use. You have to use the proper seat because in the event of'needing them' they would just slip off the edge of your std seats and the forces of a big impact would pull your shoulders down REAL hard and...well, you can imagine!! If you are doing some serious wheelin' then 5-6 points-non inertia are the only way to go. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif