Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

***3 Pics of why NOT to buy AZ Driveline (dba Gloeco) driveshafts***

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by FWP, Jan 26, 2003.

1. FWP

FWP CRS

Here's the story... Out in Florence on Axle Alley last month, 3 hours from home, on the second waterfall, I break a rear shaft. No trail spare (I know, that was stupid /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif) , anyway, winched and strapped the rest of the way to camp by the 2nd Amigo, therobzilla /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif. Drove to Rob's house 40 miles away in front wheel drive, spent a day there (thanks my friend!) while I had a "driveshaft" built by Arizona drivelines, drivelinesolutions.com, gloeco, or whatever Oscar wants to call his junk. (I should have just called Jess and had something overnighted, but hindsights 20/20 /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif)I get back to Prescott, no problemo. Light wheeling /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif a few times between then, also no problems. We run Judgement Day today and here's a few pics.

I'm pissed /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif I didn't get what I told them I wanted, cost valuable trail time, and held up the rest of the group. Had the shaft been made of the material I told them to make it from, this wouldn't have happened.......

You can bet your sweet Arse I'll be paying a visit to that "shop" and presenting them with the evidence. If he offers to build the shaft I ASKED FOR, you can guarantee I'll be standing there watching as the work is done.......

I wanted to pass this along to my CK5 gang as a heads up.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. 2Dogs

2Dogs 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Ouch!

Did it fold with no direct contact, just torque?

3. FWP

FWP CRS

I don't know for sure, it was a 3 foot step up, no spotter for something simple like that and BAM, that was it /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif . I was the trail leader, so no one saw it happen....

4. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer 3/4 ton status

bummer dude. it doesnt matter if it was impacted or not. it wasnt out of the material you wanted. so if they dont pay up, let me know. ill make a few calls. i think i know somebody who is related to a guy who works there or ownts that shop.
    sorry i had not gotten that spare out to you sooner.
    i still got it if you want.
    8 dollars to your door.
    grant

5. FWP

FWP CRS

Thanks Grant. This was the rear shaft that broke, so no biggie I already had the spare ready to go in today. Send me that front shaft I'll send you the dolleros /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

6. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer 3/4 ton status

i have yet to find a front one... i cant get to the yard right now.
    but if you want another spare for the rear.... i got it still.
    im going to try to get to the yard this week, but a lot of stuff has come up at my "real job"
    so i have to tend to that first.
    then i can ask to get out early and go to the yard.
    grant

7. FWP

FWP CRS

Allright then, that's ok. Take your time, I'll have a rear shaft built correctly soon. I didn't want it too beefy, like .250 wall, it's easier to change a shaft than a yoke /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif.....Can't go long without getting back on the rocks ya know /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

8. Sandman

Sandman 3/4 ton status Author

I've had mixed luck with them also. Both of my shafts are from them and when I gernaded the CVC housiing, the rude jerkoff who answered the phone wanted me to send in the whole thing to get it rebuilt and basically wanted to get off the phone. I called back and got somebody else who was a lot nicer and just sent me the parts I needed to fix it myself. The damage is done. When I can, my business will go somewhere else.

Also the first driveline I got from them. they had me measure everything out on my rear and then they sent it to me. After a few month, I gernaded the CVC housing. they said that Iif I ever broke it, they would fix it. When I called about what happened, they seem surprised and wanted me to send the whole thing back so I could check it out so I did. They claimed that the driveline was too long and it was not their fault. But they didnt have any problems charging me another $250 to fix the CVC and send it back. Pretty shady stuff if you ask me. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

9. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

Get Robzilla to wear them out. He's good at that sort of thing. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

10. BadDog

BadDog SOL Staff Member Super Moderator Author

Man, sorry to hear about the breakage. Not surprised though. After all I've read/heard about them (lying and not standing behind work) , combined with my experience talking to them (kinda rude, pushy, wanted to tell me what I wanted, when I didn't agree, got rude) , I've been warning everyone away from them (including several posts here) . I wouldn't let Oscar change a u-joint. If it were me, I would raise ultimate HE** with them for my money back to get a high angle... Good luck bud...

11. 79Beast

79Beast 1/2 ton status

I got my front shaft from them and was very happy with it...except that Oscar told me he would use Spicer Ujoints and then didn't. I just let it go. Then my buddy got his form HiAngle. Not only did Jess have the forsight to use a 1410 at the pinion (it can handle more angle than my 1350), but Will wanted a greaseable CV and his came with a non-greasable one. No problem. A call to Jess netted him a "my bad", a spare Ujoint, and the greaseable CV. No extra charge. Next time, I'll do it the Hi Angle way...even if I have to save up for 6 months.

12. HispanicPanic

HispanicPanic 1/2 ton status

if you have any more problems with this character let me know and I'll send my people, i know places in Mexico they wont find his ass /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

13. drivelineman

drivelineman 1/2 ton status

All i have to say is if you paid for it -you should get it!JEss

14. Sandman

Sandman 3/4 ton status Author

/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

15. bjohnson

bjohnson Newbie

I ordered a drive line from them and the welds and workmanship looked so bad I wouldn't even install it in my truck. Took it back and had it out with Oscar and in the end had to have the credit card company charge it back to him. I ordered from High Angle and got great service and it arrived 2 days ahead of schedule /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

16. cybrfire

cybrfire 1 ton status Vendor GMOTM Winner

Does anybody know this guys email. Someone should email a link to this thread. I believe he would love to read this...

/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

17. BadDog

BadDog SOL Staff Member Super Moderator Author

Any news Fred? I hope you've got it worked out ok...

18. Ddragggon

Ddragggon 1/2 ton status

man I gotta check the site more often...

that sucks, and I'll deffinately avoid this place like the plague it sounds to be. I've had luck at Dicks Driveline in phoenix. took in a spare driveshaft, and had them swap a U-joint out. they did it while I waited, and it only cost me $25, including the joint, and came with a 2 year warranty.

hope you worked it out with them,