Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

3 questions....

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by bigblue, Apr 18, 2001.

1. bigblue

bigblue 1/2 ton status

I am buying 15 x 10 inch steel rims for my 14 bolt rear. 1. How much backspacing do I need ? I am getting the flowmaster force II catback system. 2. Does this include the catalytic converter? 3. What kind of headers should I get to link up with the exhaust system? thanks...

[​IMG]

2. Emmettology 101

Emmettology 101 3/4 ton status

2. No, these are Cat-Back Systems.... From the rear of the Cat back...
    3. I have heard good things about most.. Mainly you just have to watch you emmisions junk and see if you need the A.I.R hook ups.(Tubes coming out of the top of each header/port tube)

Mike - <A target="_blank" HREF=http://emmett.coloradok5.com>http://emmett.coloradok5.com</A>[​IMG]

3. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

3. You live in CA, get the smog legal ones. Good luck ever passing emissions without them, you won't. What type/brand are you wanting to go with? Shorties, full- what? How much are you looking to drop cash wise? Let me know I just went through the game of buying them to be legal for CA....man, talk about fun! NOT!

"Suck Fumes Ford Boy"
    "I love my country, I fear my government"
    "What if the hokey pokey is what it's all about?"

4. californiak5

californiak5 1/2 ton status

Hey Jeromy,
    Are you going to change the front end to a 3/4 ton 8 lug. If so you might want to go with 3.5" backspacing so that when you do your front end you can get the same rims and not have to grind the calipers much. If you are not doing the front end it does not matter what back spacing you go with, it's your preferance. I believe the cat back system is from the cat all the way back (without the cat). As for headers I would go with <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.thorleyheaders.com/>http://www.thorleyheaders.com/</A>. They are a little more money but well worth it. Can you say more tourqe (sp?) [​IMG].

See Ya,
    Keith

[​IMG] <font color=green>Born to Drive My K5</font color=green> [​IMG]

5. bigblue

bigblue 1/2 ton status

hey cagal,
    what kind did you get? I am kind of strapped on cash so maybe the thorleys are not the best solution right now. I plan on going with the 8 lug setup so yeah. 3.5 is my best bet huh?
    also is it a direct bolt in? can i install both the headers and the exhaust with out taking it somewhere? thanks

[​IMG]

6. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

I went with the Hedman's...I sent you a private message just so you know. These were pricy. But welcome ot the world of Ca smog laws. You can't skit them cheap I have found....you'll probably be able to put the headers on yourself but as for the pipes and so on...might have to take it else where. I am due to I don't weld and have a pipe bender....if you do then you can do it all yourself no problems....you can find bolt in exhaust if you look around....good luck! [​IMG]

"Suck Fumes Ford Boy"
    "I love my country, I fear my government"
    "What if the hokey pokey is what it's all about?"