Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

3" single exhaust...

Discussion in '1982-Present GM Diesel' started by tRustyK5, Jan 27, 2004.

1. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

3\" single exhaust...

I'm getting a set of Hummer headers from Bruce soon (Batmanjr) /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

Will 3" single exhaust flow decently enough and if not does anyone have any idea where to get bigger? I don't want duals, mostly because I don't have the room to run them...

Rene

2. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

Re: 3\" single exhaust...

99 and up ford f-350 deisel run a single 4" from the factory, Not sure how the junkyards are up there but down here they are everywhere. I was going to do that to mine but I went ahead and left the stock head pipes on and just added the 3" from where the mufflers use to be. I'll know today how loud it is.

3. savagek5diesel

savagek5diesel 1/2 ton status

A couple weeks ago i had 3" dual pipes put on my Jimmy from about the driver & passenger seats w/ 3" inlet/outlet flowmaster 40 series with 3" turn downs that wrap over my axle. Sounds awesome, and he tucked them up high in the body so they are out of the way. I'm good friends with a guy that owne's his own muffler shop so i got it done for dirt cheap, but im pretty sure the 87 up fuel injected blazers have the Y pipe connecting the manifolds to a single exhuast. If you could dig one of those Y pipes up i'm sure a good muffler guy could build what you have in mind.

4. arveetek

arveetek 1/2 ton status

3" single should flow just fine. The factory setup was 2.25" duals, so 3" single will be a much better setup. Just make sure you use an actual 3" in 3" out muffler. Some have 3" in and out, but aren't 3" all the way through.

A single system might perform better anyway, due to scavenging effects, but that's a bit over my head! /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Casey

5. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Isn't the exhaust that comes with the Banks turbo kit 3" single? /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

Rene

6. joez

joez 1/2 ton status

It sure is