Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

3 speed mainshaft part number

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by mitchelm, Oct 11, 2005.

1. mitchelm

mitchelm Registered Member

Ok, so the saginaw 3 speed transmission that came with my 72 blazer is a big piece of sh#$. Anyway, all i needed was a new mainshaft, and I could only find ones for a 2wd saginaw. In my long quest to find any info, just wanted to let you all know that the part number for this is WT301-2c. It is 13" long. I cannot find this part anywhere and this is what i need. Anybody got any ideas. Everywhere I call doesn't have one and has no idea where to find one.

2. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

I don't have the answer but just a thought might be to consider swaping in a SM465 4speed or go for the gusto and put in a NV4500 5speed :D

3. mitchelm

mitchelm Registered Member

I like your style. I would love to put in an NV4500. I currently have an SM465 from an 85 chevy with the 32 spline output. So what i guess i need from there is a new cross member, the adapter from the sm465 to an NP205, and a new 32 spline input for an NP205. I am assuming that i have an NP205, but I may have the dana20 or whatever came with this weak tranny. And this is my first real experience at trying to do any sort of real handy work. So if there is any one in the NJ area that would be willing to lend me a hand, that would be awesome. Taking out the 3 speed was easy, it didn't weigh that much. Or even better, if anyone can recommend a shop in NJ, NY, CT area that has this kind of experience, that would be great too. Thanks

Mike