Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

3 taps is all it takes to fix any problem on your truck.

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by colbystephens, Nov 13, 2006.

1. colbystephens

colbystephens 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

yep. i've had this problem with my 83 blazer where when the headlights are on, the passenger side blinker lights appear to have the brighter (blinker) element on, instead of the dimmer such that when the headlights are on, you can't see my blinker that i want to move right, except for the passenger side marker light. so i decided to check this out and opened up the wiring on the front of the truck. found nothing wrong. put it back together and it works! :eek1: it's never worked before - i didnt do anything either - didn't move any wires really - nothing. so then i don't know what to do about the rear blinker, but i figure what the hell, i didn't do anything to fix the front, so maybe i should do nothing and it will fix the rear. so i turn the headlights on, and the blinker, go back there and give the lense three sharp taps, and the SOB starts working right. :bow: i like quick easy fixes. :D now people will know i want to change lanes on the freeway at nite and i don't look like such an ass. :rolleyes:

2. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

until you hit a bump in the road and they stop working again...

3. obijuan

obijuan 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

4. colbystephens

well, i went wheeling with that fix and they are still working...

5. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

Colby, one thing you might want to look at is the actual light socket where the bulb plugs into. The inside bottom of those where the copper contact strips are, are sort of spring loaded and can wearout over time. Sometimes trying to pull them back out slightly will help make better contact with the bottom of the bulb or just completely replacing the socket.

6. colbystephens

good tip. thanks.