Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

3 trucks many ?????

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by chillywilly, Jan 4, 2003.

1. chillywilly

chillywilly Registered Member

Ok ill try to keep this short.I have 2 74 3/4 ton trucks, one has 305 auto 203 case.Second truck has standard with 205case.will I run into anything funny swapping axles from one to other? And whats the most likely gear ratio in the 74 with standard and 205,the auto truck has 4.56s checked today.Standard truck is buried under snow right now lol. Ok next question, will 4.56s work good for mud boggin behind a 300 hp 350 400 trans and 208 with 35x16x15s?...dam that was confusing lol /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif any replies would be appreciated and Ill add more info if i lost anyone lol thanks /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

2. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

Most of the 74's seem to have either 4.10's (most common) or 4.56's (less common). There were probably some other options, but I haven't run across them in the junkyards. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif The only way to tell for sure is to pop a cover and look. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

4.56's and 35's would be a good combo for mud running. It will rev rather high on the highway though, if you plan to use it there as well.

The axles should be a bolt-in swap, especially since both trucks are the same year! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. chillywilly

chillywilly Registered Member

Thanks for the reply Harry! Just got hit with a foot of snow last night so Ill have to wait till spring to pull cover /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif. lol Oh well,yeah this truck is gonna be just for mud boggin so rpms shouldnt matter. keep it in 1st in 4 lo now for runs ,thought 4.56s wake her up abit. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif