Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

3 years ago today, I resigned from this job...

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by newyorkin, Nov 7, 2005.

1. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

I emailed my boss three years ago today to put in my two weeks notice. How bad is that, I did it over email...
    He just forwarded that email back to me (almost to the minute I sent it to him). He convinced me to stay, so I'm still here now.

And I'm wearing a tie today for no reason other than I felt like it for some reason this morning. I hate ties, hate dressing "corporate"... I haven't worn a tie since the last christmas party. Subconscious still remembers the day I guess...

2. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

At least he has a sense of humor. Or he's dropping a hint. :D

3. Cricket

Cricket 3/4 ton status

Are you feeling like poking your eye out with a paperclip or is this a happy to be at work post?

4. cegusman

cegusman 3/4 ton status

Edit it with current info and send it back to him.

5. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

:haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:

This is a funny post... I wasn't sure when I said I'd stay back then that I'd still be here in three years...

Here's what he sent me when I told him I'm wearing a tie:

6. Cricket

Cricket 3/4 ton status

Tell him the tie is plaid.

7. mikey_d05

mikey_d05 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

Not that it's any of my business, but why were you going to leave in the first place?

8. Inu-Hanyou1776

Inu-Hanyou1776 1/2 ton status

Ratch, now you've got me wishing it was next summer already so I could go back to work at IOI. I miss that place terribly.

9. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

its funny how it works isn't it? i thought my job would be a stepping stone and 21 years later here i am.still hatin it. :haha: :haha: but i do what i want ,no one tells me what to do cuz i already know what it is. :rolleyes:

10. ronnny

ronnny 1/2 ton status

man alot of times i think i need to find anther job or even better another line of work. But then again i don't remember how to do much else except fix broke s#!t. I say welders can break anything but so could all the people in plastics and hotel guest and all the others that i've done maintenance for. :doah:

11. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

That's wierd... I replied to this, but I guess the reply was removed somehow...

I was leaving because I took a job with a small company that paid better and I was gambling that it had growth potential. I stayed where I am and passed the job on to a buddy of mine.

Today, he's making wayyyyyy more than it paid, he's upper management, and the company has grown exponentially, buying up several other companies and consolidating operations.
    I don't think I would've gone as far with them, though. He and I have very different personalities, I think he's suited to that kind of position better than I would have been. It would've been nice to get there, but oh well, can't cry over spilled milk and roads not taken...

12. Inu-Hanyou1776

Inu-Hanyou1776 1/2 ton status

I got a question now then. Who in here has done vacuum-formed plastic skin packing? Skin packing thermostats and other plumbing parts was the best thing I did at IOI before I got diagnosed with Hodgkins.

13. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

you know what bro, the way the auto factories are going around here.with delphie peeps going from 26 to 9 an hour, i'm pretty happy. i make way more than that. its just all the work in michigan revolves around the big three so we have been slow.it goes in cycles,it will get better.i hope :rolleyes: as much as i hate my job at least i have one. :laugh:

14. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

Third anniversary!

Send you boss an e-mail reminder its your "third anniversary!"..maybe you'll get a raise! :laugh:

I hate going to job interveiws..I stayed far too long at jobs I hated,just to avoid going thru more of them..its one of the main reasons I tried working for myself..
    I'm not a bad worker--I just don't deal with authority figures and customers too well sometimes..I like to just punch in,go do my work,do it well,and go home!..don't need someone to tell me how,when I already know--or ride my butt all day..and make me nervous and grow an ulcer..I think you call it "self motivated"...some employers called it a "bad attitude!"..yeah,maybe I was a bit grumpy at times..but I made THEM lots of money!--too bad I didn't get much of it.. :rolleyes: :crazy: