Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

3 years this month.....

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Seventy4Blazer, Mar 8, 2004.

1. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer 3/4 ton status

well, this month is the 3 year mark since a blew the fort pump in my TH350 on my blazer.

i was living in camp pendleton at the time. moved the soon to be ex wife down with me, couldnt work on the rig. moved down here 2.5 years ago and started working on it. it has some trimmed fenders, a short block waiting the rest of the TBI and upper end. SM465, NP203 waiting on the doubler adaptor. 14 bolt and D60 with 4.10 waiting on 42's. springer suspension in the rear, z-rates up front with 4 inch springs and shims with matched spring plates. hydroboost brakes, disk brakes rockers are out, need to add square stok to them. rtoll cage will be made after i move.
    today is the first day the truck has had a motor between the frame rails in almost 3 years. i have been going through a LOT of stuff in the past 6 months. i needed this BAD.

im about as happy as a puppy with two peckers right now.
    ust thought i would share. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/bow.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/hack.gif

2. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

Glad to hear things are starting to come together for you finally /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. 85HeartBurb

85HeartBurb 1/2 ton status

got your e-mail i am on conv lv just had surgery let me know when you come out check us on

socalbigdaws.com

Semper Gumby!!!
    Always Flexible!! /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

4. Seventy4Blazer

the bad part is i wont be bringing my blazer out that way for a few months. but i will be buying parts as needed.

ill be living at softwind appts. in vista.
    Grant

5. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

I feel Your pain, Its been over a year and a half since I drove Mine. All I have left to do is finish the rear brakes and it drivable.

6. Seventy4Blazer

well, ill make a SMALL list of things i have to do

plumb all the brakes, to include cuttign brakes and line lock. also have to buy everything but the calipers.

buy and plumb a fuel system for the TBI. to include a fuel cell.

roll cage.

cyl. heads. need some for a TBI intake. might buy some darts. MIGHT be able to use the ones off my crate motor.

WMS dual case adaptor, Highh angle driveshafts with SYE kit and E-brake on 205 output.

tires, 42 TSL's rims, Beadlocks of some sort.

highsteer with steering ram....

i can go on and on, but i wont. im to happy to try and drepress myself over my truckright now. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
    grant

7. 79blzrfan

79blzrfan Registered Member

How long were you at Pendleton? I was stationed there for about 5 years off and on. My oldest son was born in the base hospital and is now serving in the Air Force. /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif
    Good luck on your future endevors. I am just starting the same thing on a 79 I just picked up last friday. My 81 got crushed by a tree (don't ask) /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif

8. Paxx

Paxx 1/2 ton status

Hey congrats Grant /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif You gonna bring it down to BB04 this year so I can check it out? Bet it will out chew that s-10 you had last year /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

9. Seventy4Blazer

i will be in Iraq for BB04 /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif
    beive me, i want that. the cash i will bring home will enable me to finish my blazer, pay off my dually, save up some money and then come back for a deployment to japan. after that i get out of the corps(with 8 years in) and move back to yuma, or sell my house in yuma and buy one in washington. the plan is once this "stage" is done on the blazer to drive up your way to meet up with Rene and anyone else in the area. i want to make it a nice long trip. and hit BB05.
    Grant

10. Seventy4Blazer

i was at pendleton for almost 3 years. left in july of 01.
    returning for a couple years and then most likely getting out of the corps.
    grant

11. Seventy4Blazer

well i just got home a bit ago to find out that my intake has been cleared for the old style heads. so now i dont need hears./forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif
    WHOO HOO!!
    Grant

12. 85HeartBurb

85HeartBurb 1/2 ton status

Ive been lucky i've been on pendleton since 95 since i was a cpl dddddyyyyyyyaaaaaammmmm!! thats a long time!!! /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

13. Paxx

Paxx 1/2 ton status

That sounds like it would be a sweet trip man. We'll have to meet up for it and make a caravan to Moab /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif

14. Seventy4Blazer

i hate california. and thats the only bad thing about the move.
    and the fact that i wont have my blazer. but i will have enough cash to save up to get a trailer and to get my blazer built up a lot faster.
    Grant