Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

30,000 Live Chickens, 1 wood chipper

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by FL84K5, Apr 15, 2003.

1. FL84K5

FL84K5 1/2 ton status

McNugget maker

2. Leadfoot

Leadfoot 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Yeah like snapping their necks would be any more humane..... /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

What about spending lots of tax payers dollars for lethal injection (and of course one last meal).......WAY too much PC in the world today. Oh well, that's America /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

3. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

in the old days, kids could watch their parents slaughter a cow, pic, or chicken and see how you took an animal and made it food. These days, we are so used to buying animal products already prepared for us and sitting in nice sterile environments when we buy them at the store that we have truly lost touch with reality. Pretty sad.

Im not sure there is a "nice" way to kill a chicken. I dont know what kind of machine they were using, but the wood chippers I have seen make incredibly short work of wood... so I would think the same machine would kill a chicken pretty damn quick... which is about all you can do with respect to killing an animal in a "humane" way.

j

4. RingMaster4x4

RingMaster4x4 1/2 ton status Premium Member

We used to slaughter our own meat. We probly still would but we don't have time to now days.

5. EDdaTREE

EDdaTREE 1/2 ton status

That is ome of the dumbest things I ever saw in my life! I suppose they shoulda built a retirement home for old chickens?! They maybe shoulda provided counseling for chickens to meet their maker!? Oh, wait!....you guys keep feeding these chickens while we bump this request up thru the gov. bull beuraucracy and we'll get back to ya! TRUST ME! Ya be on the TOP of our list!! /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

6. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

I think that it was too bad that they could not be used, I bet the machine used would kill a chicken in less than a second.... poof, that musta been one nasty pile..... /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

7. chevyracing

chevyracing 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    "The act of feeding live chickens into a wood chipper is an extraordinarily callous and barbaric act and I can't imagine any person with a whit of common sense would use a wood chipper as a killing tool," he said. "No person with any experience in killing animals would sanction the use of this technique."

[/ QUOTE ]

Bet you will never hear them say that on a Troy Built commercial... /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

8. rick88blaze

rick88blaze 1/2 ton status

when i was growing up, my grandpa would buy about 100 or so baby chickens every spring, raise them through the summer, and then we would all go over there in the fall and butcher them, one of the highlights of my childhood was getting big enough to cut the heads off of those chickens, then we would feed the heads to our hogs. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

9. Ddragggon

Ddragggon 1/2 ton status

as I said on another site that had this article pop up, a wood chipper seems quite a bit more labor intensice then say pushing a snowblower about the chicken yard.

10. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

11. yellow81k10

yellow81k10 Registered Member

stupid treehugin greenies. they need to find a hobby that involves more than just bitchen and whinin. what do they think happens to the chickens they buy from the grocery store? die of a ripe old age?